Register now to remove this ad

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 6/17 Sox vs Yanks

The SOX last four games in runs scored: 6, 6, 15, 6. 6's are wild.
    Last edited by SPLENDIDSPLINTER; 06-18-2023 at 03:25 PM.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    Make that 9-13 w/o.
    That’s a big difference but i don’t think the Yankees are good as advertised. Rays are the best team in this division.

Deity
    Another post by Cora's PR man, who does the job for free.
    What PR? Do you seriously believe you know more about how to manage this team than Cora?

We all love to make comments, level criticism, etc. That certainly includes me.

But Cora has proven he knows what he is doing, especially when he is dealt less than a full hand to work with. This year the rotation began as a huge problem, but now it's coming around, except that Sale is on the IL until at least August and now Houck is on there too, maybe for 15 days, maybe longer. Plus Kluber stunks, and so did Pivetta.

However, maybe I'm wrong. So, tell us all, please, on what basis you think you know more about how to manage the Sox than Cora does.

You and others crabbed and crabbed and crabbed throughout this game about using Ort, etc. And the Sox won 6-2 with Ort going 4 innings while giving up 2 runs. Cora batted in no runs and threw no pitches, but I think his management was first rate.

Quote Originally Posted by d-money View Post
    That’s a big difference but i don’t think the Yankees are good as advertised. Rays are the best team in this division.
    Definitely. But with 90 some games left things can change.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    What PR? Do you seriously believe you know more about how to manage this team than Cora?

But Cora has proven he knows what he is doing, especially when he is dealt less than a full hand to work with. This year the rotation began as a huge problem, but now it's coming around, except that Sale is on the IL until at least August and now Houck is on there too, maybe for 15 days, maybe longer. Plus Kluber stunks, and so did Pivetta.

However, maybe I'm wrong. So, tell us all, please, on what basis you think you know more about how to manage the Sox than Cora does.

You and others crabbed and crabbed and crabbed throughout this game about using Ort, etc. And the Sox won 6-2 with Ort going 4 innings while giving up 2 runs. Cora batted in no runs and threw no pitches, but I think his management was first rate.
    Chill, Max, it's only baseball. I've admitted I don't know why Cora does what he does. Never posted I knew more than the 'genius.' You seem to search for shite that doesn't exist.

Deity
    Because he's not Ellsbury.
    That too. It did finally occur to me that, although the ball bounced way, way off of the Green Monster, it bounced toward home plate, so the Yankees outfielder was in perfect position to throw home. And Dugo, meanwhile, had to stop at 2b or between 2b and 1b until he knew whether the ball was caught.

CEO of the Casas Fan Club Dipre's Avatar
    Good wins, good wins.
    WAR is good for something.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post

Can't argue with the results, that's for sure.

And this team has shown some resilience this year through a lot of issues.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

The SOX have been burned on more than their share of contracts, so it's enjoyable to see the Yankems getting burned on both the Stanton and Donaldson contracts.

Big win!

Taking the second game could be the big spark we have needed for over a month!

Rookie
    The SOX have been burned on more than their share of contracts, so it's enjoyable to see the Yankems getting burned on both the Stanton and Donaldson contracts.
    Stanton had that MVP year and that's it when Jeter took over the Marlins first thing he did was call Cashman and dump the Stanton contract on him, smart move, I was at the Patriots game today, nice little team but the fans are just making excuses about Judge being hurt, he's always hurt and missing time except for last year, something kept him healthy, got his contract, now it will come back to bite them where the sun don 't shine, Yankees are not a championship team. Cashman spends money on the wrong type of player, home run or nothing, he's guided by that cigar box they play in, right now I'm loving it

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Big win!

Taking the second game could be the big spark we have needed for over a month!
    Agree--of course. Two of the losses to Colorado were in extra innings. In all 3 wins since then the pitching has been decent.

With Sale and now Houck out, it's going to get harder. Tonight plus the first 3 games vs Minnesota it's Bello, Paxton, Crawford (who has struggled as a starter), and Whitlock--and then a gap. Today it was Ort, but it could be Pivetta or Kluber (heaven forbid).

So no question the hitting needs to kick in.
    Last edited by Maxbialystock; 06-18-2023 at 05:36 PM.

Anytime we get a win from an ORT start that is indeed a well-earned victory. The 98 innings of shutdown after Torres HR is looking very good. On to game#2