Register now to remove this ad

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 5/23 @ Halos

Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    Only time will tell. Team hitting slumps happen during the long season; not unusual.

Plus the fact when the SOX go to the west coast, more often than not, it's similar to the Donner Party.

The SOX were manhandled by a starting rag arm, who entered the game with a 6.14 ERA.

Deity
    More embarrassing stuff from this team. Just not good.

Well…. We always have that one run we scored yesterday to look back on

That was magical.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    It started with Jansen blowing 2 straight saves against the Cardinals. Since then the bullpen has been mostly lousy. Even Jansen gave up 2 BB's in his one save vs. Seattle. Winck looked good for 3 innings scoreless innings.

The good thing about Rodriguez stinking it up tonight is that the Sox hitting has disappeared for 3 straight games: 1 run scored in 26 innings (soon to be 27).

The bad thing is that maybe the offense really is this bad...
    After the 10-1 beat down by the Mariners, the pen has not been all that bad:

IP-ER
    5/16: 3.2-0 (2 H+BB)
    5/17: 4.0-1 (5 H+BB)
    5/19: 3.0-0 (1)
    5/20: 2.0-0 (2)
    5/21: 6.2-2 (3)
    5/22: 2.0-1 (3)
    5/23: 1.0-2 (4)

22.1 IP
    3 ER
    1.21 ERA
    20 BB+H
    0.896 WHIP

I think the pen is coming back around after a bad 6 game stretch with ATL, STL and that first game v SEA.

Now, it's the bats.

When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Rookie
    Only time will tell. Team hitting slumps happen during the long season; not unusual.
    Like Yogi used to say, "I"m not in a slump, I'm just not hittin" this happens nobody to blame, they'll come out of it

Rookie
    Is it possible Renfro is the best player in baseball who is traded the most? Is there something wrong with his personality?
    Could be, Bobby Bonds, Barry's father, had outstanding numbers,always traded, he was a horror show in the club house

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    After the 10-1 beat down by the Mariners, the pen has not been all that bad:

IP-ER
    5/16: 3.2-0 (2 H+BB)
    5/17: 4.0-1 (5 H+BB)
    5/19: 3.0-0 (1)
    5/20: 2.0-0 (2)
    5/21: 6.2-2 (3)
    5/22: 2.0-1 (3)
    5/23: 1.0-2 (4)

22.1 IP
    3 ER
    1.21 ERA
    20 BB+H
    0.896 WHIP

I think the pen is coming back around after a bad 6 game stretch with ATL, STL and that first game v SEA.

Now, it's the bats.

Good correction on my strident post. Your numbers are better than my opinion.

That said, Jansen did blow back to back saves badly with multiple runs given up in both games. And his one save since then included two BB's. Winck looks back on track, but the time before was pretty awful. Crawford blew a 1-1 game night before last. Them's my excuses for being strident.

I do agree the hitting is the issue now. Ironically, it comes at a time when the rotation (except for Kluber and Pivetta) has looked particularly good.

Also this. McGuire looked pretty good catching Bello last night. I like Wong, but I want McGuire to be good too.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    Good correction on my strident post. Your numbers are better than my opinion.

That said, Jansen did blow back to back saves badly with multiple runs given up in both games. And his one save since then included two BB's. Winck looks back on track, but the time before was pretty awful. Crawford blew a 1-1 game night before last. Them's my excuses for being strident.

I do agree the hitting is the issue now. Ironically, it comes at a time when the rotation (except for Kluber and Pivetta) has looked particularly good.

Also this. McGuire looked pretty good catching Bello last night. I like Wong, but I want McGuire to be good too.
    No BBs from Bello was a minor miracle.

Wong would have made him walk 5.

LOL
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Can someone explain why Wong called for a slow sweeping curve ball up in the zone to Trout to facilitate his 2 run HR ? Surely it had nothing to do with Rodriguez's pitching , who was not impressive either.

After Cora came out mid-inning to talk to Bello after the failed attempt to retire Ohtani on the toss from Casas, the Angel fan sitting next to me asked if I thought Bello was injured. I said , No, but he may be butt hurt after Cora explains the history of pitcher's getting to 1B timely.

Deity
    Is it possible Renfro is the best player in baseball who is traded the most? Is there something wrong with his personality?
    Renfro is a strange man who adamantly clings to his obscure beliefs. For example, he ridiculed both Flat Earthers and Round Earthers and is a devout Burrito Earther…

Deity
    Plus the fact when the SOX go to the west coast, more often than not, it's similar to the Donner Party.
    People like to rip the Donner Party, but did anyone leave it with an empty stomach?