Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/14 against the sanctimonious Cards, whom everyone despises

5/14 against the sanctimonious Cards, whom everyone despises

(with some pity extended to their fans who have to live in that area). For me, it was the pompous, God-fearing, B-student high-school classmate who came from there along with his church-going predatory mom.
    "Fans have become more entitled than anything. So they're starting to question our motives for the game, or how we approach the game. The ones that do question -- like who are you? Just shut up and watch the game tonight." --Kevin Durant on players' lack of effort in regular season games.

Deity
    BIG game in Boston today! Can the C’s win game 7? On a lesser note can the Red Sox avoid getting swept by the Cardinals?

Enough about the pitching, where are the hitters in the Cardinal series ?

Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    Enough about the pitching, where are the hitters in the Cardinal series ?
    4.5 runs a game and 19 Hits + 5 BBs is not really worth complaining about.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Deity
    I know it will be tough, but I sure hope Jansen can be available for the 9th inning today. I say this because yesterday Cora basically announced to the world he can trust no one else to get a save--even with a 2 run lead.

Did he comment on his decision after the game?

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by jad View Post
    (with some pity extended to their fans who have to live in that area). For me, it was the pompous, God-fearing, B-student high-school classmate who came from there along with his church-going predatory mom.
    I feel differently. I think the Cardinals are one of the truly great MLB franchises. St Louis is a small city, but has a terrific fan base. And the Cardinals have rewarded them with plenty of ups with the occasional downs, like 2004 when the Sox took 4 straight to break the Curse. Branch Rickey started with the Cardinals and created the first real farm system. Lewis and Clark's Corps of Discovery started from St Louis and returned there two years later, 1804-06. Stan Musial. Ozzie Smith. Dizzy Dean.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    I know it will be tough, but I sure hope Jansen can be available for the 9th inning today. I say this because yesterday Cora basically announced to the world he can trust no one else to get a save--even with a 2 run lead.

Did he comment on his decision after the game?
    I feel the same. I respect the Cardinals, perhaps more than 28-29 other teams.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

I'm not going to crtique anyone else's posts, but I will critique one of my own. Late in yesterday's game I made an extremely optimistic post regarding the SOX that quickly came back and kicked me in the face.
    I'll do my damndest not to repeat that mistake again.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    I feel the same. I respect the Cardinals, perhaps more than 28-29 other teams.
    I like the Cardinals for two reasons:

1. They aren’t the Yankees.
    2. They aren’t the Mets.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    I'm not going to crtique anyone else's posts, but I will critique one of my own. Late in yesterday's game I made an extremely optimistic post regarding the SOX that quickly came back and kicked me in the face.
    I'll do my damndest not to repeat that mistake again.
    Oh, stop it. In fact, I order you to be ridiculously, insanely optimistic. You and moonslav. Let me be the jerk who whines all the time.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    I like the Cardinals for two reasons:

1. They aren’t the Yankees.
    2. They aren’t the Mets.
    This is hands down some of the best baseball analysis I've ever read.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by jad View Post
    Given the outcomes of the last two games, I would like to commend you for starting this thread. Kind of reminds of a speech by Slim Pickens in Dr Strangelove.

Deity
    Just a pathetic series by this team . Thank goodness that the Celtics gave me some joy today at least.

Deity
    We can be pretty sure of one thing about this game. Nobody but nobody in the Sox bullpen wants it to be close. They will be equally happy if either team scores 10 or more runs--and in stark terror if both teams score 10 runs.

Kluber's high pitch count is not good. Kluber lowering his pitch count by pitching to contact is also not a good idea. I have no answers regarding Kluber, except he should maybe think seriously about retiring.