Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/05 SOX @ Phillies 7:05PM ET

5/05 SOX @ Phillies 7:05PM ET

Sale vs Wheeler

SOX facing another top RH. Hopefully, the SOX will have Wheeler running head first into the wood chipper. At this point in the season I doubt any MLB team has as good a LH line-up as the SOX.

Go SOX!

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    Sale vs Wheeler

SOX facing another top RH. Hopefully, the SOX will have Wheeler running head first into the wood chipper. At this point in the season I doubt any MLB team has as good a LH line-up as the SOX.

Go SOX!
    Interesting about the Sox LH line-up. Cora has used a lot of lefty bats all season long.

I like this pitching matchup because I think Sale is pretty close to the good Sale we remember.

On the other hand, the Sox have a losing road record and the Phillies have a winning home record. So this is a good test.
    Last edited by Maxbialystock; 05-05-2023 at 02:30 PM.

Deity
    Tapia RF
    Yoshida LF
    Turner DH
    Devers 3B
    Duran CF
    Hernandez SS
    Casas 1B
    Valdez 2B
    Wong C

Verdugo is reportedly sick--despite the absolutely gorgeous weather the Sox have had at Fenway.

You keep it going Splendid Splinter , bend the Phillies to your will and extend the streak.

Cora has moved from

L-R-L-R-L-R-L-R-L

to

L-L-R-L-L-R-L-L-R

With so many lefties tearing it up, why not?

If Dugo could have played and McGuire catch, we might have seen 8 lefties, if they sat Kike or Turner.
    Last edited by moonslav59; 05-05-2023 at 04:01 PM.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    You keep it going Splendid Splinter , bend the Phillies to your will and extend the streak.
    Btw, my agent came to an agreement with Bloom. I'll receive 10 mil spread out over 10 years. Hold on, I just rechecked the contract. It's actually 10 dollars spread over 10 million years
    After my agent had explained to Bloom all I have done for the SOX, Bloom replied that JH wouldn't allow him to go a penny higher.
    According to Bloom, JH said that he had spent enough money on this team and I was lucky to get the 10 dollars.
    Last edited by SPLENDIDSPLINTER; 05-05-2023 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    Btw, my agent came to an agreement with Bloom. I'll receive 10 mil spread out over 10 years. Hold on, I just rechecked the contract. It's actually 10 dollars spread over 10 million years
    After my agent had explained to Bloom all I have done for the SOX, Bloom replied that JH wouldn't allow him to go a penny higher.
    According to Bloom, JH said that he had spent enough money on this team and I was lucky to get the 10 dollars.
    You are only as good as your last win. Once your streak stops , there will be hell to pay .

Here's an interesting stat:

Of the SOX 33 games played so far, 27 have been against teams over .500. The most in MLB. Their record is 14-13.
    In comparison the f'ing Rays have played 13 and their record is 9-4.
    Last edited by SPLENDIDSPLINTER; 05-05-2023 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    You are only as good as your last win. Once your streak stops , there will be hell to pay .

I'll probably get DFA'd.

I love Kyle but thank you.

Oh no.

Don't want to speculate on this.

Not a Red Sox player or coach.

Yoshida gets the runner over on a tough pitch. Good baseball.

Raffy comes through with a bullet.