Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 4/17 Angels @ SOX 11:10AM ET

If it was any team except the Angels I would be more concerned. The Sox will have it tied up by the 5th inning. Ohtani only looked good getting Devers to foul out on a center cut

Neto gets his first MLB hit !! Bello knows how to make a fellow youngster feel good

Well this sucks.

Let’s hope Bello can channel his inner Whitlock and come back strong next time.

Runner up prize would be if he could settle down and give the Sox a few innings here

You’d hate to destroy the bullpen just to lose to Ohtani

Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    If it was any team except the Angels I would be more concerned. The Sox will have it tied up by the 5th inning. Ohtani only looked good getting Devers to foul out on a center cut
    You mean the Sox are going to tie it up at 10-10 in the 5th?

Bello settling in, shows a 75% improvement in runs allowed over the first inning. I can only get the Gameday feed because of MLB.com home/away blackout rules but if the pitch zone is accurate Bello is putting some pitches in the middle/middle zone of the plate. Not good.

Rain, rain, rain, rain

Who'll stop the rain? Hopefully, no one.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    These morning after day games are so tiring!
    Another "Cora is just so stupid" thread.

So let me try to explain this weak lineup.

First and foremost, as you have pointed out, it's fundamentally a weak lineup which has nevertheless scored a ton of runs this season. Even with Duvall, the Sox have just 4 hitters: Duvall, Dugo, Raffie, and Turner. Somehow they still score runs without Duvall, with Yoshida stinking it up, etc.

Second, as I pointed out yesterday and everyone ignored, the Sox are currently in the middle of playing 19 games without a break. And we all know Cora believes in giving his players days off throughout the season. The day off helps them and gives benchers some MLB time.

Third, Ohtani is tough to beat.

Fourth, the Angels have just lost 3 straight and have their best guys supporting Ohtani so they don't get swept--plus they had a day off April 13, the day before this series began.

Fifth, it's freaking raining--another good reason to rest your best players.

The ground crew rakes very well. Now the SOX have to start raking.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    Bello settling in, shows a 75% improvement in runs allowed over the first inning. I can only get the Gameday feed because of MLB.com home/away blackout rules but if the pitch zone is accurate Bello is putting some pitches in the middle/middle zone of the plate. Not good.
    Sox called up Jake Faria likely to give IP today prior to an immediate demotion. I mean, they guy had an ERA over 10 in Worcester. They likely figured he could be called up, pitch, get DFAd and clear waivers all within 72-96 hours…

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Bello has insane stuff but command is an issue. He found it late last year. He is coming off an injury. This is not a surprising development
    I don’t know at what point people will figure out that he is not the next Pedro.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

I don’t know at what point people will figure out that he is not the next Pedro.
    Pedro struggled early on too. But having anyone be compared to Pedro is a fools errand. Pedro was one of the best pitchers of all time
    Hal sucks

That’s a pretty bold statement. Most pitchers aren’t.

Bello sucks right now, he should have made 2-3 more starts in the minors. He had no spring training effectively.

Well, he does throw RH.

The good news is maybe if the delay is long enough, Ohtani won't be back.