Register now to remove this ad

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: 4/2 vs O’s

Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    Yoshida and Casas like to work counts. They like to see what a pitcher's got, and always take the first pitch fastball down the middle.

Batters that do that drive me crazy, because the word gets around the league quickly and pitchers know they can always get ahead of them.

I used to yell from my living room at Boggs and Betts all the time for taking Strike One. And they laughed at me all the way to Cooperstown.
    The vast majority of those type of hitters don't enter the Hall.

Mixing it up is a good thing for almost all hitters and pitchers.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post
    This series was not what I expected! I thought kluber and sale would have thrown decent games and houck would get killed. Instead it was houck who threw a good game while kluber and sale were terrible!

I thought yosi looked over matched in many of his at bats.

I think the opposing pitchers have learned to attack cassas and he gets overwhelmed at the plate.

Our pitchers and catchers are terrible at holding and catching base runners!
    Casas is 1 for 6. Every hitter in MLB will have at least one 1 for 6 stretch.

None of the stolen base stuff is on the catchers…

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    The vast majority of those type of hitters don't enter the Hall.

Maybe not but the vast majority of hitters in the Hall are that type of hitter…

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post
    This series was not what I expected! I thought kluber and sale would have thrown decent games and houck would get killed. Instead it was houck who threw a good game while kluber and sale were terrible!

I thought yosi looked over matched in many of his at bats.

I think the opposing pitchers have learned to attack cassas and he gets overwhelmed at the plate.

Our pitchers and catchers are terrible at holding and catching base runners!
    Masa has a 308 average with a 400 OBP, 4 R, 3 RBI, 1 SB. I don't think he's been overwhelmed by anything at this point. 6.7% k rate seems good to me? That's actually a pretty solid series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

And Yoshida officially has a nickname: Mass Attacka
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Or....

Masa Tacka!

Sitting with my 92 year old grandfather-in-law this weekend, I was very nervous about what he was going to say about Masa throughout the games. I think I did a good job of convincing him that Masa was good.

His two favorite players are Kiké and Verdugo. He wants Sale gone because he hasn't done anything in forever. He HATES Kelly, Ort, Brasier and Wong.
    I get MV Pee.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Sitting with my 92 year old grandfather-in-law this weekend, I was very nervous about what he was going to say about Masa throughout the games. I think I did a good job of convincing him that Masa was good.

His two favorite players are Kiké and Verdugo. He wants Sale gone because he hasn't done anything in forever. He HATES Kelly, Ort, Brasier and Wong.
    Maybe Sale can work on getting back into his good graces. The others, I fear, are likely not capable of doing so.

Test

Maybe Sale can work on getting back into his good graces. The others, I fear, are likely not capable of doing so.
    He bitched about Big Papi being washed up for years, so maybe Sale can come around? It would take quite an effort though.

The best part of the series was explaining to him who all the new players were and where they came from (Kluber, Turner, Tapia, Duvall). He didn't remember Kluber because that's how long it's been since Kluber has been relevant as a player to normal fans.
    I get MV Pee.

He bitched about Big Papi being washed up for years, so maybe Sale can come around? It would take quite an effort though.

The best part of the series was explaining to him who all the new players were and where they came from (Kluber, Turner, Tapia, Duvall). He didn't remember Kluber because that's how long it's been since Kluber has been relevant as a player to normal fans.
    He must not pay attention to our mortal enemies the Yankees and the Rays then.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

He must not pay attention to our mortal enemies the Yankees and the Rays then.
    Well, he is 92 and he's had a lot of stuff going on in his life since 2020. I'll leave it at that. He gets a pass from me. He'll watch all 161 Sox games available on MLV.tv or local cable this year.
    I get MV Pee.

Well, he is 92 and he's had a lot of stuff going on in his life since 2020. I'll leave it at that. He gets a pass from me. He'll watch all 161 Sox games available on MLV.tv or local cable this year.
    I hope things go well for your Dad. Mine had a stroke while I was in Maine, last summer.

My Dad turns 96, this July and still lives at home with my Mom, who turns 86, this year. My Dad's mind is still as sharp as can be. I'm blessed, for sure.

He no longer cares much about sports, but he will watch some Sox games, when I'm home. He watches every ND football game.

He's a Celtics and Patriots fans, but I try not to hold that against him.

Baseball involves two things that are increasingly difficult as you get older: names and narrative. My mother loved watching sports on tv, but couldn't listen on the radio. Baseball for her was like a series of disconnected snapshots, no sense of what inning it was, who was ahead etc And couldn't really come up with players' names except (this was 10-15 years ago), say, George Scott and Luis Tiant, maybe Ted Williams and Carleton Fisk on a good day.
    "Fans have become more entitled than anything. So they're starting to question our motives for the game, or how we approach the game. The ones that do question -- like who are you? Just shut up and watch the game tonight." --Kevin Durant on players' lack of effort in regular season games.

I hope things go well for your Dad. Mine had a stroke while I was in Maine, last summer.

My Dad turns 96, this July and still lives at home with my Mom, who turns 86, this year. My Dad's mind is still as sharp as can be. I'm blessed, for sure.

He no longer cares much about sports, but he will watch some Sox games, when I'm home. He watches every ND football game.

He's a Celtics and Patriots fans, but I try not to hold that against him.

He's my grandfather in law (wife's grandfather). It's great that my kids actually get to be around him and have fond memories of their great grandfather. We just helped move him to an Assisted Living facility that is at the end of our neighborhood.

My dad is also a Red Sox fan and I can guarantee that he knew who Kluber, Turner and Duvall are. He's much more on the positive side of things than the grandfather in law.
    I get MV Pee.