Register now to remove this ad

Thread: 2023 Yankees Prospect Thread

All-Star

2023 Yankees Prospect Thread

Some serious upside to start this season. I have always enjoyed watching the farm system grow. This year may not be the best stocked, but it's still very exciting. Here's my top 10 prospects to start the year.

1. Volpe
    2. Jones
    3. Dominguez
    4. Peraza
    5. Wells
    6. Periera
    7. Arias
    8. Sweeney
    9. Beeter
    10. Warren

Quote Originally Posted by Meh View Post
    Some serious upside to start this season. I have always enjoyed watching the farm system grow. This year may not be the best stocked, but it's still very exciting. Here's my top 10 prospects to start the year.

1. Volpe
    2. Jones
    3. Dominguez
    4. Peraza
    5. Wells
    6. Periera
    7. Arias
    8. Sweeney
    9. Beeter
    10. Warren
    Not a bad list. I can't blame Yankee fans for liking their present standing in the here and now as well as the near and extended future, although some of these contracts will become over-bearing and you guys have a lot of aging players in very key roles in 2023.

People talk about the Sox adding older guys like Jansen, Kluber and Turner, but the Yanks have more than their fair share, too, especially in the 32-34 range.

Key roles held by older players:

Sox
    DH Turner 38
    SP2 Kluber 36

RP2 Martin 36
    RP6 Bleier 35
    CL Jansen 35
    RP7 Brasier 35

CF Duvall 34
    SP6 Paxton
    SP1 Sale 33

Yanks
    3B Donaldson 37

UT LeMahieu 34
    1B Rizzo 33
    DH Stanton 33
    LF Hicks 33

RP4 Kahnle 33
    SP1 Cole 32

Red= key roles

When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Donaldson is likely to be the LHP platoon mate at 3b, so not the biggest role
    And 32-33 is now old? You are reaching again
    Hal sucks

I do love Jones and this he will be the pick to pop in 23. Kid is enormous, has stupid exit velocities, made good contact, steals bases, and has a cannon. He should demolish High A and reach AA mid year. I would not be surprised if he ends up a top 30 prospect at season's end.

I also like Wells. He is tough to pinpoint. He does everything well, but nothing exceptional. Good eye, ok contact, good enough power, steals bases but not a ton, good arm but not great, improved blocking but not elite. He is not the high ceiling guy most people wish and pray on for minor leaguers, but he could be the most likely player to be a good regular with a few seasons of all star caliber play. I know the Yanks keep propping him up as a catcher, but I think he is a 1B/COF long term and will be a .280/.350/.430 guy with 20-25 bombs on the regular

Dominguez also gets a lot of flack, although he is only 20 years old. He literally turned 20 this month. He will spend the entire 2023 season under the legal drinking age. When he was promoted to AA, he was a good 5 years younger than the average player. What I love about this kid is he steadily improved against older competition. He showed elite base stealing skills. Started to show big power from both sides. Started to make more contact. Played a great CF. And he is only scratching the surface. I love Jones and think he's a dangerous jump kind of prospect. Dominguez is the kind of kid who could end up the #1 prospect in baseball for 2024
    Last edited by jacksonianmarch; 02-24-2023 at 07:14 AM.
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Donaldson is likely to be the LHP platoon mate at 3b, so not the biggest role
    And 32-33 is now old? You are reaching again
    Not "old" but past prime. Some players drop off a cliff around 32-33.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

All-Star
    Donaldson may have a big contract but if the yankees were pressed they could release him in June. Its a one year deal and it's just money. He's a free agent.

Also a very good article.
    https://www.justbaseball.com/prospec...ects-for-2023/

I like the ceilings of players but guys like sweeney and Warren imo have great floors. I think both will be 100% major leaguers assuming good health.

That newly 20 yr old has some pop, eh?
    Hal sucks