Register now to remove this ad

Page 54 of 75 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread: Devers signs 11 year $331 million extension

Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    All you guys are all jealous, because a Red Sox scout never came, and saw you pitch. Before you say anything 100% true story.
    A scout watched me pitch in Little League. I think he got a merit badge for building a footbridge across the brook next to the park.

All you guys are all jealous, because a Red Sox scout never came, and saw you pitch. Before you say anything 100% true story.
    You met SeaBeachFred?
    I get MV Pee.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    You met SeaBeachFred?
    Are there, or were there an athlete in this bunch of opinionated critics? My story is true, and can be confirmed, verified or whatever you want. Polygraph, or hand on the Bible true, so poh, poh away. Who would have thunk it?

Deity
    And he left disappointed. That’s especially bad given the guys over the years those scouts did sign…

Polygraph, or hand on the Bible true, Ozzie and Jose Canseco played in my softball league in LA.
    I get MV Pee.

Deity
    Polygraph, or hand on the Bible true, Ozzie and Jose Canseco played in my softball league in LA.
    The saw me pitch statement is 100% true, but why he was there would have to be embellished a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    And he left disappointed. That’s especially bad given the guys over the years those scouts did sign…
    I mean, have you seen THE FUNDAMENTALS of these guys? Devers can't even throw the ball 125' to first base!
    I get MV Pee.

Deity
    I mean, have you seen THE FUNDAMENTALS of these guys? Devers can't even throw the ball 125' to first base!
    Unfortunately he wasn’t the only one.

I played pick-up basketball at the Rockne Memorial against Orlando Woolrige, Luther Bradley, Jerome Heavens and a few other Domer athletes, but no scouts were watching.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    I played pick-up basketball at the Rockne Memorial against Orlando Woolrige, Luther Bradley, Jerome Heavens and a few other Domer athletes, but no scouts were watching.
    I played basketball in the same high school gym that Jerry West, and Elgin Baylor once practiced in. Does that count?

I don't think that there is any doubt that American kids are not as into baseball as they were years ago. It is obvious.
    Old school is good school.

I played basketball in the same high school gym that Jerry West, and Elgin Baylor once practiced in. Does that count?
    To you, most likely, but I don't want to misinterpret.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Co-coach and I have a lot in common. He was Gatorade state player of the year. In that same state, I drank a Gatorade.

Deity
    To you, most likely, but I don't want to misinterpret.
    Nah, if there were no scouts there I would say no. Only touted, and scouted should count.

Did I ever tell you about the time I went six rounds with Marvin Hagler ?
    Old school is good school.