Register now to remove this ad

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Yankees 2022 playoff thread

I heard it was the biggest strike out disparity in history.

17 Ks NYY batters

2 Ks HOU batters
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    They had Verlander on the ropes ? I think I missed that part. It must have happened between all the strikeouts.
    Verlander did throw a ton of pitches the first couple of innings, but settled down the way aces do.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Verlander did throw a ton of pitches the first couple of innings, but settled down the way aces do.
    Stanton doubled, 2nd and 3rd 1 out. Donaldson K. Carpenter K. Donaldson had two on earlier and K. Multiple times we had guys on early and we couldnt do shit. Donaldson still in the lineup is a travesty
    Hal sucks

Going to be tough for NY to come back. We’ll see though.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

Cole and Cortes games 3 and 4 in the Bronx makes me have some hope but this offense needs a jolt. I get that their pitching is good, but the approach by the hitters has been awful. Too much swing and miss. I’d like to see Peraza get some run instead of Donaldson, who’s looked like a corpse. Cabrera in the OF is fine, he at least can battle. When you remove IKF from the lineup, you lose one of your only contact guys and it shows. They just don’t have any life out there

Never heard so much whining and bitching by the Yanks.

Sev complains about an HR that would be an HR in 25 parks and we hear bitching about Judge's ball not being a HR, despite it not being hit far enought o be an HR in 28 parks.

They actually complained about the roof being open.

Wah-wah-wah.

How about facing the fact that no team has ever K'd 12 or more times in 3 straight playoff games. (30 times in the last 2 games.)

You guys are built on an all or nothing batting philosophy that more often that not produces nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Cole and Cortes games 3 and 4 in the Bronx makes me have some hope but this offense needs a jolt. I get that their pitching is good, but the approach by the hitters has been awful. Too much swing and miss. I’d like to see Peraza get some run instead of Donaldson, who’s looked like a corpse. Cabrera in the OF is fine, he at least can battle. When you remove IKF from the lineup, you lose one of your only contact guys and it shows. They just don’t have any life out there
    Amusingly enough, Donaldson has K'd 5 times in 8 PA's in the series, but doubled and walked twice in the other 3 PA's, so he has an OBP of .375.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Never heard so much whining and bitching by the Yanks.

Sev complains about an HR that would be an HR in 25 parks and we hear bitching about Judge's ball not being a HR, despite it not being hit far enought o be an HR in 28 parks.

They actually complained about the roof being open.

Wah-wah-wah.

How about facing the fact that no team has ever K'd 12 or more times in 3 straight playoff games. (30 times in the last 2 games.)

You guys are built on an all or nothing batting philosophy that more often that not produces nothing.
    My new conspiracy theory is that Astros' stadium is equipped with giant fans that blow wind towards the OF during their ABs, and blow in the opposite direction when the other team bats. And that Altuve controls it with a switch in his jock strap.

Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    My new conspiracy theory is that Astros' stadium is equipped with giant fans that blow wind towards the OF during their ABs, and blow in the opposite direction when the other team bats. And that Altuve controls it with a switch in his jock strap.
    That was about the jist of Yankee bitching, last night.

Pathetic.

Own up. Stop sucking and maybe you can win.

After the win all his teammates wanted to low-five him there, but Altuve waved them all away from that area.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    That was about the jist of Yankee bitching, last night.

Pathetic.

Own up. Stop sucking and maybe you can win.
    It's not like they're that far off, both games have been close. That Judge ball was 2 feet away from giving them the lead but can't dwell on it anymore. Game 3 is a must win for the Yanks.

Altuve is 0 for 23 in the postseason so far.

It's not like they're that far off, both games have been close. That Judge ball was 2 feet away from giving them the lead but can't dwell on it anymore. Game 3 is a must win for the Yanks.
    The ball is not a HR in 28 parks. There is nothing to dwell on.

They were bitching that his exit velocity was 110, while the Astros HR was something like 90. Really? That's what they want to talk about?

Yes, both games were close, but if this is what the Yanks are thinking, it is not promising.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Altuve is 0 for 23 in the postseason so far.
    Astros haven’t hit a lick if you asked me. Anyway the stros better not get too comfortable . Facing the Yankees two best pitchers the next two games. Gotta take 1 one of the next 2.

@NBCSEdgeBB
    McCullers pushed to Game 4 after champagne mishap

Hate when that happens!
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.