Register now to remove this ad

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Yankees 2022 playoff thread

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Congratulations, Yankee fans. You had to sweat that series out a bit. The ALCS could be a beauty.
    And the World Series will be seeds 1 or 2 vs 5 or 6….

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by d-money View Post
    Yankees should send Tito some Christmas gift cards. My goodness boone outmanaged francona these last two games.
    How did he outmanage him in game 5? By remembering Gerrit Cole was on his roster?

The ALCS could be a beauty but we are already behind the 8 ball. Taillon is a good middle of the rotation starter, but he now has to start twice instead of once. Also, the ALCS schedule is total bullshit. Its 2 games, one day off, 5 straight. Thankfully game 3 starter is Cole and if there is anyone I trust on 3 days rest, it is him. Should go..

Game 1 Taillon
    Game 2 Sevy
    Game 3 Cole
    Game 4 Cortes
    Game 5 Taillon
    Game 6 Sevy
    Game 7 Cole on 3 days rest
    Hal sucks

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    How did he outmanage him in game 5? By remembering Gerrit Cole was on his roster?
    I thought he should hace left quantrill in the 6th when he was finding a groove. Instead he took him out and put Morgan who gave up that extra run.

Taillon looks terrible

Montgomery who??

Please pull Taillon.

Josh Donaldson sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Josh Donaldson sucks
    The opposite of Rizzo.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Boone is really making some head scratching moves. German not being used but Schmidt coming in all the time makes no sense. I like Schmidt, but he’s been scuffling in the POs due to inconsistency of his best pitch (slider). Donaldson is a no power auto out. Cabrera has more upside. Astros clearly did their homework on Carp. As he didn’t have a rehab assignment, he’s rusty and literally isn’t seeing the breaking ball. No point in starting him.

The game was 1-1 in the 6th. Your pen is mildly tired but still could go inning by inning. No reason to try and get more innings out of the scuffling kid. Should have gone to Trivino in the 6th and take it inning by inning. Really shitty loss. We had verlander on the ropes and let him off by having nothing after Stanton

All or nothing offenses don't typically go far into October, when really good pitching usually beats really good hitting. Yanks have scored 82% of their playoff runs on homers (18-for-22), just ahead of the Stros' 76% (13-for-17). Who has the better staffs? Houston hasn't even thrown Javier or Urquidy yet, and both are postseason battle-tested...

Conversely, the NL finalists are much better balanced offensively: Pads have scored 35% on HRs (14-39), Phils 33% (13-39).

Boone is really making some head scratching moves. German not being used but Schmidt coming in all the time makes no sense. I like Schmidt, but he’s been scuffling in the POs due to inconsistency of his best pitch (slider).
    German has a 6.23 ERA in a SSS 21.2 IP vs. the Stros, with 6 dingers allowed.

I think Boone has good reason for being shy about him.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    German has a 6.23 ERA in a SSS 21.2 IP vs. the Stros, with 6 dingers allowed.

I think Boone has good reason for being shy about him.
    Maybe, didn't realize that
    Hal sucks

Maybe, didn't realize that
    Sometimes, just sometimes, managers do know more than we do.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Boone is really making some head scratching moves. German not being used but Schmidt coming in all the time makes no sense. I like Schmidt, but he’s been scuffling in the POs due to inconsistency of his best pitch (slider). Donaldson is a no power auto out. Cabrera has more upside. Astros clearly did their homework on Carp. As he didn’t have a rehab assignment, he’s rusty and literally isn’t seeing the breaking ball. No point in starting him.

The game was 1-1 in the 6th. Your pen is mildly tired but still could go inning by inning. No reason to try and get more innings out of the scuffling kid. Should have gone to Trivino in the 6th and take it inning by inning. Really shitty loss. We had verlander on the ropes and let him off by having nothing after Stanton
    They had Verlander on the ropes ? I think I missed that part. It must have happened between all the strikeouts.
    Old school is good school.