Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yankees get Montas and Trivino

Quote Originally Posted by JDavis76 View Post
    Maybe.

Or not......
    If they want to, they will. Even shitty teams do it.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by iortiz View Post
    If they want to, they will. Even shitty teams do it.
    Well, yes, eventually.

But it remains to be seen if it will happen on hang 'em chaim's watch......

Bad trade for the Yankees--Montas isn't healthy and Waldichuk is a future stud. Wow, Cashman is really desperate.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fan_since_Boggs View Post
    Bad trade for the Yankees--Montas isn't healthy and Waldichuk is a future stud. Wow, Cashman is really desperate.
    And you know this after reviewing his medicals?

Enjoy last place

My guess is that the A's didn't have much interest in average Yankees prospects like Volope and Peraza. The A's really like Max Muncy and see him as the future at SS. Waldichuk is now the best pitching prospect in the A's system, they needed to find a guy who profiles as a future ace. Nice job by the A's. Medina is interesting, he can hit over 100 on the gun, but he is a bit of a lotto ticket as a SP. He might profile best as a relief pitcher and has the ability to be a dominant one.

Cashman is just so desperate to win a championship this year that he took a big gamble on a guy who recently experienced shoulder issues. Montas is a shoulder injury waiting to happen.
    Last edited by Fan_since_Boggs; 08-01-2022 at 09:57 PM.

The Yanks got better with this and other trades, but their future was hurt.

I must have suggested dozens of Montas Trivino trades to the Sox on BTV.

I guess it makes more sense for a PED guy to join the Yanks.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    The Yanks got better with this and other trades, but their future was hurt.

I must have suggested dozens of Montas Trivino trades to the Sox on BTV.

I guess it makes more sense for a PED guy to join the Yanks.
    And for a guy who got caught choking the chicken in public to join the sox.

Not to mention that other stand up teammate pham. SMH......

Banned
    Montas has started 13 times against the astros since the beginning of the 2018 season and in 11 held houston to two or fewer runs. In the last seven, he had a 2.70 ERA in 36 ²/₃ innings with 11 walks and 42 strikeouts.

My guess is that the A's didn't have much interest in average Yankees prospects like Volope and Peraza. The A's really like Max Muncy and see him as the future at SS. Waldichuk is now the best pitching prospect in the A's system, they needed to find a guy who profiles as a future ace. Nice job by the A's. Medina is interesting, he can hit over 100 on the gun, but he is a bit of a lotto ticket as a SP. He might profile best as a relief pitcher and has the ability to be a dominant one.

Cashman is just so desperate to win a championship this year that he took a big gamble on a guy who recently experienced shoulder issues. Montas is a shoulder injury waiting to happen.

You are literally the second dumbest poster on this site. Nobody beats Stork, but you're a somewhat distant second
    Hal sucks

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    You are literally the second dumbest poster on this site. Nobody beats Stork, but you're a somewhat distant second
    He's just trolling you

Waldichuk has an amazing 13.72 strikeout rate per nine this year and is a true 4-pitch pitcher.

Cashman is desperate and dealing a top SP prospect for a guy with a barking shoulder demonstrated that. I think Cashman should have kept Walichuk and traded for J.Quintana instead.

Just imagine this trade by taking out Waldichuk and putting in Peraza. Would the A's have made that deal? Of course not.