Register now to remove this ad

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: The pursuit of Aaron Judge

Quote Originally Posted by JDavis76 View Post
    Kinda like the sox title teams led by papi, manny & company.......
    Not really, and who is the "company?"

Fan since Boggs didn't even mention Clemens & Co.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Kinda like the sox title teams led by papi, manny & company.......
    Had to fight fire with fire.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Not really, and who is the "company?"

Fan since Boggs didn't even mention Clemens & Co.
    Right, the whole league was juicing except for the sox. Got it, thanks for playing.

Right, the whole league was juicing except for the sox. Got it, thanks for playing.
    Never said that, but explain your "company" statement. Name names.

Papi's rumored "positive" test was never proven, and the substance was unknown.

Manny was caught in LA, not BOS.

Is it highly probable some Sox cheated? Of course, but to equate the two teams with this "whole league was juicing" crap is unjustified. You guys had 4-5 proven examples. It's hardly close to equal.

Banned
    Never said that, but explain your "company" statement. Name names.

Papi's rumored "positive" test was never proven, and the substance was unknown.

Manny was caught in LA, not BOS.

Is it highly probable some Sox cheated? Of course, but to equate the two teams with this "whole league was juicing" crap is unjustified. You guys had 4-5 proven examples. It's hardly close to equal.
    Yeah, papi was going to get to the bottom of it just like OJ was going to find out who murdered Nicole and Ron. And manny only started juicing after he left the sox and I have a bridge to sell you in Brooklyn. Even merloni admitted that the team had meetings about how to take steroids safely. I'm sure they did that because nobody was juicing....

Even merloni admitted that the team had meetings about how to take steroids safely. I'm sure they did that because nobody was juicing....
    Ha ha, what horseshit. Go read that story again and get back to us.

He essentially attributes the Yankees 2009 WS to 3 guys who were caught juicing at various parts of their career. But as soon as a similar comment is made about Manny/Papi and the Sox then it's a false equivalence. What's the saying, something about throwing stones and glass houses..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Ha ha, what horseshit. Go read that story again and get back to us.
    Direct quote from merloni - "And I walk into that office, and this happened while I was with the Boston Red Sox before this last regime, I'm sitting in the meeting. There's a doctor up there and he's talking about steroids, and everyone was like 'Here we go, we're gonna sit here and get the whole thing—they're bad for you.' No. He spins it and says 'You know what, if you take steroids and sit on the couch all winter long, you can actually get stronger than someone who works out clean, if you're going to take steroids, one cycle won't hurt you, abusing steroids it will.'”

WEEI-AM’s “Big Show” co-host continued, “He sat there for one hour and told us how to properly use steroids while I'm with the Boston Red Sox, sitting there with the rest of the organization, and after this I said 'What the heck was that?' And everybody on the team was like 'What was that?' And the response we got was 'Well, we know guys are taking it, so we want to make sure they're taking it the right way'... Where did that come from? That didn't come from the Players Association."

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    He essentially attributes the Yankees 2009 WS to 3 guys who were caught juicing at various parts of their career. But as soon as a similar comment is made about Manny/Papi and the Sox then it's a false equivalence. What's the saying, something about throwing stones and glass houses..
    Exactly.......

Direct quote from merloni - "And I walk into that office, and this happened while I was with the Boston Red Sox before this last regime, I'm sitting in the meeting. There's a doctor up there and he's talking about steroids, and everyone was like 'Here we go, we're gonna sit here and get the whole thing—they're bad for you.' No. He spins it and says 'You know what, if you take steroids and sit on the couch all winter long, you can actually get stronger than someone who works out clean, if you're going to take steroids, one cycle won't hurt you, abusing steroids it will.'”

WEEI-AM’s “Big Show” co-host continued, “He sat there for one hour and told us how to properly use steroids while I'm with the Boston Red Sox, sitting there with the rest of the organization, and after this I said 'What the heck was that?' And everybody on the team was like 'What was that?' And the response we got was 'Well, we know guys are taking it, so we want to make sure they're taking it the right way'... Where did that come from? That didn't come from the Players Association."
    The whole point is that the team WASN'T EXPECTING the doctor to tell them how to take steroids properly. They were expecting a lecture on the dangers of taking them.

The Sox brought in a doc to tell their team how to take steroids. How do you spin that?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    The Sox brought in a doc to tell their team how to take steroids. How do you spin that?
    That's a bingo!!

Yeah, papi was going to get to the bottom of it just like OJ was going to find out who murdered Nicole and Ron. And manny only started juicing after he left the sox and I have a bridge to sell you in Brooklyn. Even merloni admitted that the team had meetings about how to take steroids safely. I'm sure they did that because nobody was juicing....
    You are assuming things I never even hinted as being true. Nice try.

Are you and Red identical twins?

Banned
    You are assuming things I never even hinted as being true. Nice try.

Are you and Red identical twins?
    I'm not assuming anything, but you certainly are.....

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    No need to spin. It is not proof any or more Sox players juiced than Yankee players.

You guys got caught, and it was way more than 3 players.

Funny how Yankee fans blast the Astros for cheating, when "everyone was doing it, including the evidence that shows the Yanks (and Sox) were, too, but on steroids, you flip the narrative with no thoughts of being hypocritical.

Sure, it's pretty certain some Sox were cheating, but you guys had your water fountain spiked with roids, It's apples and oranges.