Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: According To Globe, Edgar Just Signed...

Double A
    BREAKING SPORTS NEWS: Edgar Renteria signed a four-year, $40 million contract with the Red Sox today, giving Boston an All-Star shortstop, according to the Globe.

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/reds...four_years_40m/

Ok now we need another SP....

All-Star
    Oh Yeah! Hitting second behind Damon.

Jeter Jeter peter eater RedSoxRooter's Avatar
    I still don't understand why, but I guess it's a good deal..... I guess Hanley is bait now.

Dirtdogs is also posting this: "Meanwhile, Sox Getting Closer with Pitching Replacements - A.J. Burnett is Front and Center"

Me excited!

All-Star
    oh yeah!!!

this is a good move....nay a great move.

now tek and some starting pitching and we're all set!!

oh and a first basemen...

then we're alls et..

way to go theo.

Major Leaguer
    If him and his .327 OBP hit behind Damon instead of Bellhorn's .373 I'll shoot someone.

How can some of you honestly say this is a greats signing?

Polanco hit in a wiffle ball park last year, Renteria was in a pitcher's park. Renteria has post season expirence, Polanco has none. Renteria is better with the glove then Polanco is.
    Quote Originally Posted by ORS
    I know they will. At some point in your life, you'll grow up and quit pulling stupid shit like this. Then, the world will be a better place. Unfortunately, somebody else will turn 12 and start doing the same thing. It's a vicious cycle.

All-Star
    I think bellhorn's OBP, is pretty good but those strikeouts suck.
    Oralndo's OBP was lower than Edgar's, Edgar's a better hitter and a better fielder-

whats not to like. He easily one of the top five shortstops in the majors. It's a step up.

Originally posted by BoSox Rule@Dec 15 2004, 02:54 PM
    If him and his .327 OBP hit behind Damon instead of Bellhorn's .373 I'll shoot someone.

How can some of you honestly say this is a greats signing?
    I am excited about the Renteria deal!!! It's a confidence builder right now in the midst of Pedro leaving. I have faith in Theo to keep things going and get us what we need. Hanley might be a good prospect for the future but Renteria is proven and doing great right now. Good job Theo- and welcome Renteria!!! Once again Theo and his staff have worked a sweet deal. There is not a doubt, not a doubt that Theo and his staff are not done yet. They will sign TEK and get one more front line pitcher. Finnally it is fun being a RED SOX fan, more importantly a defending WORLD CHAMPION RED SOX fan. Thank you Mr. Henry!

While I have no doubt Renteria will be a quality player for the next 4 years, it seems his price tag is a little high when Orlando would have come cheaper.

Going from Busch to Fenway should help Renteria's offensive numbers though.
    "You can get a good look at a butcher's ass by sticking your head up there, but wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"
    Chris Farley (Tommy Callahan)

He makes consistent contact, which explains his low OBP.
    Quote Originally Posted by ORS
    I know they will. At some point in your life, you'll grow up and quit pulling stupid shit like this. Then, the world will be a better place. Unfortunately, somebody else will turn 12 and start doing the same thing. It's a vicious cycle.

All-Star
    Its hard to believe that we are comparing renteria to mark bellhorn..

i think he should bat 2nd behind damon.... bellhorn seems to get that strikeout to end every rally. How many K's did he have...wasn't it like 160 or am i retarded

Renteria's definately a quality #2 hitter. I always thought Orlando should have hit there too. A decent mix of speed and power.

Bellhorn's got a great OBP, and is a good alternative if the Sox feel Renteria should hit 6 or 7... but if it was my choice... I'd go with Edgar.
    "You can get a good look at a butcher's ass by sticking your head up there, but wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"
    Chris Farley (Tommy Callahan)

All-Star
    it was more like 177,...so I guess the answer to other question is a yes.

All-Star
    orlando got some timely hits to be sure, but he was a bit of a free swinger..edgar will be a prefect 2 guy..contact, contact...

bellhorn if he's around probably can bat somewhere at the bottom of the order.