Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 4/25 Red Sox @ Blue Jays

Quote Originally Posted by Oscars View Post
    Now Devers has joined the anaemic hitters in the Sox lineup, as he is 3 for his last 29 ABs
    April has been Devers' worst or second worst month in his career. I'm not too worried about him, but this slump does seem to be contagious.

Maybe just having everyone healthy and in the line-up might be a good first step,
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    He's being rested according to what I read.
    Guy has rested more than played. It's getting ridiculous.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

Deity
    Can this team really be out of it early this season? If this keeps up it could be. I see no urgency from this team.

Quote Originally Posted by d-money View Post
    Can this team really be out of it early this season? If this keeps up it could be. I see no urgency from this team.
    All can change if they can win two or three in a row. IF!

All-Star
    I’m not worried about Devers, but he is someone who can carry the team when they are struggling.
    With him scuffling along with most of the line up, nobody has stepped up to carry the offence.

Sox 6-9 hitters plus Kike are all hitting less than they weigh. Hard to score runs.

Deity
    How in the wide, wide world of sports does a baseball team demonstrate a "sense of urgency?" MLB is a derivative of cricket and has all the urgency of curling.

By the above I am not, of course, referring to great fielding plays and/or running the bases, but to the "battle" between pitcher and batter.

You saw no urgency from yhe front office or ownership's backing to address team needs overall. Part of the transition to a capital efficient team

Deity
    This offense is awful!!!!! This team is just pathetic at this point.

Deity
    Berrios should be dreading this 3d time through the Sox order. Nosiree. Piece of cake.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    How in the wide, wide world of sports does a baseball team demonstrate a "sense of urgency?" MLB is a derivative of cricket and has all the urgency of curling.

By the above I am not, of course, referring to great fielding plays and/or running the bases, but to the "battle" between pitcher and batter.
    I am saying you don’t wanna be 8 or 9 games out of the division early. You know what i mean. You don’t wanna have to work your way up. This team is two games under 500.

This offense is awful!!!!! This team is just pathetic at this point.
    Always find new ways to lose.

In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

They're all grinding. When batters and coaches use "grinding" over and over to explain away slumps, and supposedly how they're approaching them, it's just a codeword for failing.

They used to be called heroes, but now they're just grinders. Soon they'll be subs.

Game over.

There goes the game. Pathetic.