Register now to remove this ad

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 4/24 Sox at Rays

Quote Originally Posted by illinoisredsox View Post
    Other than Houck, who are they?
    You are gonna find out tomorrow.
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    d-money, it's not all on Bloom. He works for JH and JH controls the money. There's a new philosophy in the FO and that is to develop youngsters and no more long term contracts. Story was signed to replace Bogey, who will be gone after this season. The odds are that Devers contract won't be extended either.
    Get used to more mediocre seasons.
    I think the Sox are developing a farm system so that they can have home grown cheap players who can be really good. Casas and Mayer are going to be stars soon. They have some other good players too in the minors. Hopefully, some are pitchers.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    This isn’t Cora’s fault. Team isn’t hitting. Options to fill in the rotation with reliable starters come from the pen, which robs them of reliable relievers. Leads were handed to the pen the last two games and they couldn’t hold them
    The D was a big part of one of those 2 loses, but a homer is a homer, even if the game should have been over.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

All-Star
    I have read that Houch is not the only unvaxed player, we will find out shortly if that is true…..

The team is very flat. They need a spark to get the offense going.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    The team is very flat. They need a spark to get the offense going.
    The return of JD?

The pitching hasn’t surprised me especially with Sale out again. I was expecting us to be average or less than average in that stat. But we have too much fire power even with JD out to be this bad offensively. 2 runs In 6 of our last 7 we have scored 2 or 1 run.
    Story
    Hernandez
    Devers
    Bogaerts
    Verdugo
    Dalbec (assuming he played the way he did the second half of last season)

That’s too many decent to good players to be putting up these kind of numbers. That is what is the most surprising to me so far this year. We knew we wouldn’t win games because of the pitching…. But holy shit I thought we would be scoring more than 1 and 2 runs a game. This is just pathetically horrible

Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    The pitching hasn’t surprised me especially with Sale out again. I was expecting us to be average or less than average in that stat. But we have too much fire power even with JD out to be this bad offensively. 2 runs In 6 of our last 7 we have scored 2 or 1 run.
    Story
    Hernandez
    Devers
    Bogaerts
    Verdugo
    Dalbec (assuming he played the way he did the second half of last season)

That’s too many decent to good players to be putting up these kind of numbers. That is what is the most surprising to me so far this year. We knew we wouldn’t win games because of the pitching…. But holy shit I thought we would be scoring more than 1 and 2 runs a game. This is just pathetically horrible
    It's the old thing about the pitchers being ahead of the hitters at this point.
    Old school is good school.

Quote Originally Posted by illinoisredsox View Post
    Not sure why he didn’t come in for Hill. He’s got the next four days off. Made no sense to have him wait til the 8th.
    He was only on 2 days rest though, they were probably hoping to use him for a save. Plus Valdez was great until yesterday.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Oscars View Post
    I have read that Houch is not the only unvaxed player, we will find out shortly if that is true…..
    I've heard lots of conflicting rumors on this. Some have said that no important offensive pieces will be missing. Xander may have gotten vaxxed in the offseason? JD was unvaxxed at some point? Will be interesting to see what changes are made today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

The Red Sox are not expected to be missing any key position players and have listed Nate Eovaldi, Nick Pivetta and Michael Wacha as their starters for the first three games of the series. The vaccination statuses of some bullpen members are unknown though Matt Barnes, Ryan Brasier and Garrett Whitlock are among those who have said they are vaccinated.
    I get MV Pee.

The Jays lost yesterday in much the same manner as the Sox did on Saturday. Took the lead in the top of the tenth, then gave up a two run walk off homer in the bottom of the tenth.
    Old school is good school.

I am 0-2 this season, so I hope nobody is waiting on me to make a game thread.
    I get MV Pee.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I am 0-2 this season, so I hope nobody is waiting on me to make a game thread.
    I'm undefeated in fresh game threads.

Let's hope we can keep that going and also win more than just the first game thread.