Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Yankees Regular Season Thread

Boone just got schooled.

First and second, nobody out. Richards struggling. Higashioka batting. Donaldson on the bench. Higashioka takes two balls, swings at a ball over his head then flies out. Now, Toronto manager realizes his pitches has nothing and has now faced three batters and he gets to adjust to Donaldson entering the game rather than having Donaldson hit for Higgy and face a clearly struggling Richards. So dumb and Boone once again gets outmanaged

And of course they go to the sidearmer who’s death to righties

Yep, I hate Boone

Boonie sure is making King throw a lot of pitches. Is he going to Scott Proctor him this year?
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Fucking stupid. Just stupid. Boone is a fucking idiot. I hate him.

King has proven to be a multi inning weapon out of the pen. That’s all well and good. But he’s not a starter or even a bulk guy. He’s a “face the lineup once” guy. He’s failed as a starter but for one AB, he’s a nightmare to face. Of course fucktard let’s him face 13 batters and he’s surprised we have two runners on

The narrative will be Manoah pitched well. He wasn’t bad and he’s got serious stuff, but the Yanks missed a lot of pitches in the zone. Bad approach, bad umpiring, stupid managing, terrible hitting. I was hoping they’d turn over a new leaf this year, but 13 runs in 4 games is unacceptable

Giant bag of dicks base running keeps a run off the board

Should have scored more but good to see the team hit a little better.

Nesty is awesome. I love watching this kid work. Great command, multiple arm slots, multiple speeds on every pitch and his 89-94 mph fastball plays way, way up due to high spin rate and deception. He dominated a great lineup and only left after 17 outs due to lack of work in ST and a rigid pitch limit.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Should have scored more but good to see the team hit a little better.

Nesty is awesome. I love watching this kid work. Great command, multiple arm slots, multiple speeds on every pitch and his 89-94 mph fastball plays way, way up due to high spin rate and deception. He dominated a great lineup and only left after 17 outs due to lack of work in ST and a rigid pitch limit.
    He did look very good.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    He did look very good.
    I love watching him pitch because he’s an Everyman. He’s under 6 feet, he doesn’t blow people away, and he relies on command AND control to get outs. His breed is a dying breed but can still be a very successful breed. Nowadays if you don’t hit 95, you’re not gonna make the bugs. But some of the best pitchers of all time had what Nesty has. Wide arsenal, command and control without any one overpowering pitch. It brings me joy

Now the only issue with those types is they’ve got very little wiggle room. Cole can gut out a performance when he’s not locating due to his sheer overpowering stuff. But if Nesty doesn’t have pinpoint location, he’s gonna get torched.

Cole is sinking again against elite hitting.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

Vlad took him deep twice. He’s not getting torched, he just decided not to pitch around arguably the best hitter in the game

Berrios is not that good tonight. Lots of hangers in the zone. Wild outside the zone. This team, once again, just cannot seem to capitolize offensively. Cole has actually looked really good. He hung the first one to Vlad and the second one was a pitcher’s pitch that he hit out. Tip the cap and stop pitching to him

This team is a bag of shit offensively. Torres sucks. Hicks is a GB machine. The big guys take too many pitches. This is not a championship caliber offense