Register now to remove this ad

Thread: Please answer me this

Please answer me this

I've been travelling in Central America this month so I've been a bit out of touch, but I have been able to view a few of the games. So what's with the yellow and blue color scheme?
    Last edited by dustcover; 09-22-2021 at 01:16 PM.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...nnect-uniforms

Design inspiration: The Red Sox went with the most radical design among the uniforms released thus far, unveiling the first uniform in team history to feature yellow and blue as the primary colors. On the front of the yellow jersey, there is a blue stenciled font, and the hat is blue. While the team featured blue as a primary color through 1907, the team has primarily sported red since 1908. The Boston Marathon and Patriots' Day hold a special place in the culture of Boston, and the team decided to pay homage to the city's unique holiday through its uniforms, highlighted by the 617 marathon bib patch on the left sleeve.

These were designed locally. Sox are wearing them right now, because they wanted to wear them last weekend. Now that they are in a winning streak, they may be wearing them for a bit longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post

Design inspiration: The Red Sox went with the most radical design among the uniforms released thus far, unveiling the first uniform in team history to feature yellow and blue as the primary colors. On the front of the yellow jersey, there is a blue stenciled font, and the hat is blue. While the team featured blue as a primary color through 1907, the team has primarily sported red since 1908. The Boston Marathon and Patriots' Day hold a special place in the culture of Boston, and the team decided to pay homage to the city's unique holiday through its uniforms, highlighted by the 617 marathon bib patch on the left sleeve.

These were designed locally. Sox are wearing them right now, because they wanted to wear them last weekend. Now that they are in a winning streak, they may be wearing them for a bit longer.
    I hated them last year and like them this year. I also believe these uniforms were extended because of the winning streak.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    I hated them last year and like them this year. I also believe these uniforms were extended because of the winning streak.
    Xander said as much in his postgame.
    I get MV Pee.

Deity
    Xander said as much in his postgame.
    It figures. We're the same way. All hail to splendidsplinter!!

Xander Bogaerts: "I know we're not the Yellow Sox but we need wins."
    I get MV Pee.

As long as they are winning, who cares what color uniforms they wear.

Wins make whatever they wear tolerable.

Please answer me this

Thanks for your very insightful response.

"Come on mannn!"

LOL :0
    RedSoxDirtdog 19
    Calm down. I've been tamed.

Don't ever mess with mojo or a win streak.