Register now to remove this ad

Page 52 of 127 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast

Thread: Yankees 2021 Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    Seems like most of the teams that were predicted to finish near the top this season are performing worse than expectations. Still the Yankees have managed to stay over .500 while playing pretty bad baseball. And only two teams have won at least 60% of their games so far (which translates to about 97 wins in a full season), so it's not like anyone is running away from the rest of the league. The White Sox were expected to be good but not great. They have a .625 winning %, but that's inflated by going 12-4 against the mighty Tigers/Royals/Twins. The Giants have a .610% but who knows if that's sustainable. I'm pretty sure this was a rebuild year for them, but admittedly I have not watched any of their games so I can't comment much on them.
    Giants, White Sox, and Red Sox have all played relatively easy schedules thus far. Dodgers have just been plagued by injuries.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Giants, White Sox, and Red Sox have all played relatively easy schedules thus far. Dodgers have just been plagued by injuries.
    While Minnesota having the worst record in MLB, right now, is surprising, the other 4 worst 5 teams are all expected: COL, DET, PIT, BAL.

The teams expected to dominate are struggling, but most are still above .500 and all are still in the thinck of things. Only Atlanta has a losing record, but they are just 19-22.

The CWS (25-15) were supposed to be good. The best? Not really, but there are 12 teams within 3.5 games of them.

SFG 25-16 are a big surprise.

BOS 25-17 another surprise.

OAK 25-17 we should never be surprised by them anymore

SDP 25-17 maybe a little under projections.

HOU 24-17 about right (I'm going to the game on TUE 6/1 in Houston)

TOR 22-17 about right

LAD 23-18 maybe 4-5 wins under projections

STL 23-18 better than expected

TBR 23-19 I learned never to count them out

NYM 19-16 great pitching

CLE 21-18 led by Tito the great

NYY 22-19 maybe the team the most under projections with ATL

21-20, 20-20, 19-20: MIL, PHI, SEA, Cubs, CIN

19-22 ATL
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Sanchez now hurt
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Sanchez now hurt
    You guys have to be leading the majors in injuries over the last 3-4 years.

Initial report is that it was just a cramp. So he'll probably be out until July.

Quietly, the Yanks are 18-9 since bottoming out at 5-10 after being swept by the rays and haven’t lost a series in a month. While the O is still sputtering, they have improved and our pitching got better. Pretty excited to see how things move with good weather coming

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Quietly, the Yanks are 18-9 since bottoming out at 5-10 after being swept by the rays and haven’t lost a series in a month. While the O is still sputtering, they have improved and our pitching got better. Pretty excited to see how things move with good weather coming
    They have faced a lot of weak teams since then and those who are over 500 these days like the Astros and TB were not in good shape at the time. Plus the IL phantom is knocking the door again.

I expect you to struggle when you start facing good teams again.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by iortiz View Post
    They have faced a lot of weak teams since then and those who are over 500 these days like the Astros and TB were not in good shape at the time. Plus the IL phantom is knocking the door again.

I expect you to struggle when you start facing good teams again.
    Houston had won 8 of their last 11 when they played the Yankees. The Rays had won 6 of their last 8 when they played the Yankees.

Your feelings about the Yankees don't change reality. For as good as Boston has played and as poorly as the Yankees have played, the Sox are only one game up on them.

That Kluber guy is pretty good.

Not bad

1 walk away from a perfect game.

And that’s a pretty good lineup too.

Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    Houston had won 8 of their last 11 when they played the Yankees. The Rays had won 6 of their last 8 when they played the Yankees.

Your feelings about the Yankees don't change reality. For as good as Boston has played and as poorly as the Yankees have played, the Sox are only one game up on them.
    I honestly see TB and HOU in better shape these days than those when they played the Yankees. Maybe it’s only my perception.

Don’t forget that entering the season, NY was supposed to be above Boston and by several games in the win column at this point.

Weeks pass and it ain’t happen.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

I honestly see TB and HOU in better shape these days than those when they played the Yankees. Maybe it’s only my perception.

Don’t forget that entering the season, NY was supposed to be above Boston and by several games in the win column at this point.

How do the Rays always know just when to trade a pitcher right before they suck?

The Yanks pitching, once again, doesn’t get enough credit. The Yanks have a true 1-2 punch again with Cole and Kluber. Kluber was magnificent last night and has continued to show mastery of the strike zone. Since he knocked the rust off a two year absence with a string of duds to start the year, he’s been excellent. If he can stay healthy, he will be a formidable pitcher to face in a playoff series