Register now to remove this ad

Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051

Thread: 2019 Trade Deadline Thread

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    I remember not so long ago, Yankee fans used to boast about how any season without a title was a waste of time. Now the goal is to stay competitive?
    I guarantee that's not the way the average Yankee fan feels.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Deity
    I remember not so long ago, Yankee fans used to boast about how any season without a title was a waste of time. Now the goal is to stay competitive?
    Within the perspective of a Yankmee fan that means actually making a run at the title. I actually think making a legit run at a title without raping your farm system is harder than making a legit run every four or five years, overspending for talent and plundering your farm along the way to get there. That said the problem with overspending and plundering the farm is that realistically, you have to fire the President of Baseball ops that got you your championship doing that because he is absolutely the wrong guy to take you to the next cycle of overpay and plunder.

Though leaving a DD as a lame duck is frowned upon, what can a DD-like Baseball Ops guy do with little to no money to spend. DD has already fucked up royally in the premature Sale extension and his WS 2018 binky rehires. If I were Henry I would let DD spend up to the 1st tier limit for 2020. See what he can get out of a 2020 run and then bring somebody else in for 2021.

Our problem IMO is that Henry does not trust anybody. He hired DD because he knew him, knew his failings, knew his strong points. How many guys does Henry know? He knows enough about Cherries to know he never wants to see his glowing visage again (at least he better know it). He knows Theo. Problem is Theo knows him! He knows Mike Hazen. What does he think of Hazen?
    Last edited by jung; 08-02-2019 at 09:32 AM.

Legend
    If we could face Tanaka next 4 games, we sweep them easily. Yanks by not doing nothing with that Pitching staff, is gambling, that everything comes together by Play-off time.
    Pitching always determines Play-offs.

Notin is right, Jackson is wrong (as usual). Jackson has some kind of hard-on for Brian Cashman and can't see things objectively. Jackson couldn't even figure out that passing on P.Corbin and signing crap in JA Happ was a dumb Brian Cashman mistake.

Corbin, 142 ERA+, 4.0 WAR
    Happ, 85 ERA+, 0.4 WAR

The Yankees are paying Happ 17 million this year and will pay him 17 million in 2020 and 2021 (if option vests).

As far as the Yankees inactivity goes at the trade deadline, it often makes sense to give up prospects (or future WAR) to increase your chances of winning a championship NOW, just ask the great Theo Epstein who traded future WAR in Torres for a rental in A.Chapman. Brian Cashman has been outmaneuvered over the last 3 trade deadlines: 2017, Astros acquire Verlander; 2018 Red Sox acquire Eovaldi and Pearce; 2019 Astros acquire Grienke as Cashman sits around twiddling his thumbs doing nothing.
    Last edited by Fan_since_Boggs; 08-02-2019 at 11:49 AM.

Such a troll and a stupid one at that.

Happ’s deal is a 2 year deal with a vesting option that the Yanks won’t let vest.

Corbin got a 6 year $140 mil deal. We gave Happ 2 hrs and $34 mil. Corbin isn’t gonna produce at this level by the end. Where we all missed the boat was on Morton. He’d have been a great sign for less money than we gave Happ

It is so ironic that a Yankees fan who spends his life on a Red Sox forum would call a Red Sox poster a troll. You are the biggest troll around.

If I were truly a troll, I would join a Yankees forum and argue with everyone there, just as you do here.

Quote Originally Posted by Fan_since_Boggs View Post
    It is so ironic that a Yankees fan who spends his life on a Red Sox forum would call a Red Sox poster a troll. You are the biggest troll around.

If I were truly a troll, I would join a Yankees forum and argue with everyone there, just as you do here.
    He really isn't a troll and I respect his contributions to the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by kenmeister View Post
    Thank you Ken

That being said, passing on Corbin for Happ looks like a mistake in 2019, clearly. I think our biggest mistake was passing on Keuchel. He’d only require money and on a 1 yr deal was an easy answer to our problems.

Legend
    We can always go in this direction for help.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb...cid=spartanntp

Deity
    Get on it DD. What do you have to lose?

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/...iz-gohara.html

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by kenmeister View Post
    He’s fine but he does see the world through pin-striped glasses

And no Red Sox forum is complete without a Yankee fan or two...

He’s fine but he does see the world through pin-striped glasses

And no Red Sox forum is complete without a Yankee fan or two...
    Exactly. I post on yankee sites as well, but I was booted off NYYFans. If you don't have the same lockstep view as everyone they throw you off.
    Hal sucks

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Exactly. I post on yankee sites as well, but I was booted off NYYFans. If you don't have the same lockstep view as everyone they throw you off.
    Oh I’m fairly certain I’ve come close to getting booted off here

And I’ve been booted off every Yankee forum I’ve joined for setting realistic baseball talk as opposed to the vernacular of Bronx Bomber Conspiracy Theories and Pinstriped Fellatio...

Oh I’m fairly certain I’ve come close to getting booted off here

And I’ve been booted off every Yankee forum I’ve joined for setting realistic baseball talk as opposed to the vernacular of Bronx Bomber Conspiracy Theories and Pinstriped Fellatio...
    The general tenor has changed, but my problem was the head in the sand, Yankee mystique logic thrown out there by Yankee fans while we're spending 9 figures getting Ellsbury but doing nothing to build from within. Now, the rabid fans want us to deal away our entire farm to win a title, only to advance us closer to the no man's land of 2013-2016. I don't want to repeat that four year run of mediocrity.
    Hal sucks