Register now to remove this ad

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: 4/12 vs. Orioles

Deity
    Need big dick porcello to show up tomorrow. Let’s keep it moving!

Wataaaaaaaah.
    HFX streaking.
    other names i have posted under: none

Deity
    The Sox obviously made ERod pitch to a plan in the 1st inning and that set him up for the rest of his stint. I suspect they are really going to have to do that with him all season...probably going to have to do it for a career. He did throw the most consistent Changeups of any Sox LH Starter thus far this season and that pitch is a must for getting the contemporary RH hitter out as a LH pitcher.

Quote Originally Posted by jung View Post
    The Sox obviously made ERod pitch to a plan in the 1st inning and that set him up for the rest of his stint. I suspect they are really going to have to do that with him all season...probably going to have to do it for a career. He did throw the most consistent Changeups of any Sox LH Starter thus far this season and that pitch is a must for getting the contemporary RH hitter out as a LH pitcher.
    He had a pretty awesome start to 2018.

Maybe if he just stays healthy all year, for once, we can see what this guy really has.

We were 13-1 in his first 14 starts (3.59 ERA) and 17-3 after 20 starts (3.34 ERA). We were even 23 - 4 after 27 starts! (.373 ERA)
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    He had a pretty awesome start to 2018.

Maybe if he just stays healthy all year, for once, we can see what this guy really has.

We were 13-1 in his first 14 starts (3.59 ERA) and 17-3 after 20 starts (3.34 ERA). We were even 23 - 4 after 27 starts! (.373 ERA)
    None of the starters came into 2019 ready to pitch. Two will be making their 4th starts of the season coming up. If they can all recover and stop this rotation slide right here they should be fine.

The only times I have ever seen ERod pitch with confidence it has been contrived confidence...much like what happened tonight. We would be naive to think Vaz and ERod came up with that 1st inning plan that got ERod launched into his stint tonight. ERod and Vaz got told what they WOULD do tonight, as opposed what the coaching staff wanted them to do. That is what I think they will have to do with ERod for his entire career.

One interesting note, the HR that drove ERod from the game is a good example of why for decades they never allowed LH pitchers to throw Changes to LH batters. The Change in that location is meat to the LH hitter. LH pitchers are supposed to get LH batters out. Bad enough when they throw meat to the off handed hitter. You throw meat to the same handed hitter and see it leave like that, its a real painful lesson. Honestly, I think LH pitchers STILL should not throw Changes to LH batters. But what I think won't count for much.
    Last edited by jung; 04-13-2019 at 12:18 AM.

Boston Red Sox fans had a cruel chant for Chris Davis during Friday night’s game against the Baltimore Orioles.
    Davis is working on a brutal stretch and has not recorded a hit all season. He’s now gone 54 straight at-bats without a hit if you date back to last season. Knowing full well about his struggles, Red Sox taunted Davis with sarcastic “MVP” chants before his appearance as a pinch hitter on Friday.
    other names i have posted under: none