Register now to remove this ad

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: 4/1 - World Champs @ Oakland A's

In NYC it all comes down to management (or mismanagement). The city raises an insane amount of tax revenue yet the public school system is poor overall, most major roads and highways need extensive repairs, the subway system is a century old and getting shittier each year despite billions in subsidies that are ultimately funded by taxpayers, homelessness is rampant, drug related deaths and violence are increasing... So what's the solution? There are tax increases, new taxes, toll hikes, subway fare hikes, etc. almost annually. Yet these don't lead to improvements. The reason being that we have a wasteful mayor who spends large sums of taxpayer money on projects which help very few people. And the reason he gets re-elected is because people incessantly vote along party lines, even though the city has gotten noticeably worse since he took office.

So how does this relate to what you're all talking about?? I dunno, I just needed to vent.

Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    In NYC it all comes down to management (or mismanagement). The city raises an insane amount of tax revenue yet the public school system is poor overall, most major roads and highways need extensive repairs, the subway system is a century old and getting shittier each year despite billions in subsidies that are ultimately funded by taxpayers, homelessness is rampant, drug related deaths and violence are increasing... So what's the solution? There are tax increases, new taxes, toll hikes, subway fare hikes, etc. almost annually. Yet these don't lead to improvements. The reason being that we have a wasteful mayor who spends large sums of taxpayer money on projects which help very few people. And the reason he gets re-elected is because people incessantly vote along party lines, even though the city has gotten noticeably worse since he took office.

So how does this relate to what you're all talking about?? I dunno, I just needed to vent.
    I agree 100%, I love to visit but there's no way I would ever live there again.

Quote Originally Posted by d-money View Post
    Last place in the division.
    At this pace, the Red Sox will be eliminated before the ring ceremony at the Fenway Opener.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    At this pace, the Red Sox will be eliminated before the ring ceremony at the Fenway Opener.
    You guys are going to force me to the straight bourbon at .......about 2:00 PM. Oh what the heck ...close enough to the witching hour.

Meh. Red Sox just messing with other teams. Giving them hope just to go on a 15 game win streak and smash their precious hopes.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    Meh. Red Sox just messing with other teams. Giving them hope just to go on a 15 game win streak and smash their precious hopes.
    post of the day.
    other names i have posted under: none

Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    Mookie back at lead off. Kimmie check your pulse.
    Yeah, I found that interesting.

Certainly Cora would not change his mind after suck a short sample.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    post of the day.
    Yup.

We have the other teams right where we want them.