Register now to remove this ad

Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1959676869
Results 1,021 to 1,023 of 1023

Thread: 10/27 World Series Game 4

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    And I was one of the complainers because I was plenty worried we had used up 2 starters in one game and still lost it. But I still think Cora has had an incredible season for a manager because I've watched almost every game and think he makes good decisions.

But more than that it appears he has the team thinking the right way and I love the way he looks in the dugout during games. Alert, decisive, and calm--the exact opposite of what a first time manager for a highly paid, highly visible ball club should look.

They just fired a guy who took them to the WS in 2013 and won the AL East in 2016 and 2017. Gone. Francona, a perfectly good manager who broke the Curse and then won a 2d WS--gone. In the movie Bull Durham Crash Davis (Kevin Costner) holds forth on how tough MLB pitchers can be, but they ain't nuttin' compared to the Sox front office in the John Henry era. They are currently paying two guys, Pablo and Hanley, a combined $35M this season to stay away from this team.

Yet there is Cora--to the manner born. Pretty remarkable.

That said, just maybe it's time to recognize the players without whom all this--108 wins, 3 of 4 in the ALDS, 4 of 5 in the ALCS, and now 3-1 in the WS--is impossible.

And it has to be said, especially by yours truly, the big fat whiner last night, that last night's game was representative of the best games they've played this season. In fact, it probably is the best game given their situation and what was at stake.

So hat's off to all of them and especially Pearce who was interviewed after the game and said the same thing--it was a team effort all the way. I assume everyone has seen the replay of Sale charging guys up in the bullpen I think right before the Sox batted in the 7th.
    I like this post!

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    Roberts said hill told him he was tired. I only coach 13u but if 1 of my players tells me he’s “tired” I yank him right out of the game.

What is wrong with you? Don't say it like that. A coach is a coach. I hope that you are good one. I'm thinking that you might be. I would do the same thing although I have to tell you it didn't happen often in my coaching career that a player said that he was tired and wanted to come out. I don't think that there is a player on this current Red Sox team that would tell the truth. You would have to drag their asses off the field. Keep coaching - kept me young.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post
    I was absolutely astounded when Devers made that play. He's botched easier plays this year. And the throw was on the money too.
    In my coaching I've observed that often times when a player makes a play that I thought was beyond his ceiling that player was 'climbing the ladder', reached a higher rung than I thought he could, and within a short time that became his new normal. Maybe Devers chose the right time to climb that ladder.

correcto!!!