Register now to remove this ad

Page 66 of 69 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast

Thread: 10/27 World Series Game 4

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    I always say that when the other team scores and were struggling, its worked quite a bit.
    Okay, I get it. I thought your superstitious thing was taking a dump when the opposing team was batting? LOL!!!
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Cora made a few mistakes tonight. ERod has a lot of trouble getting through 6 innings. Even when he has cruised through 5 2/3 innings this season, things have almost always fallen apart for him and prevented him from completing the 6th. Tonight was not the time to try to get ERod through 6. The team bailed him out of that very bad move, when Roberts decided to hand the ball to Madson and Maeda -- two bags of trash.
    I feel bad a little bit for Madison, because he’s giving up crushing hits for the Dodgers. It just seems like he’s the goat every big hit.

Plus Cora has been bailed out by the players the entire playoffs. He’s made some really bad moves, but they looked good because the players bailed him out.

E-Rod is good for 5 innings and that’s about it. Especially when he pitched yesterday. Although Cora said he was upset with himself for leaving E-Rod in that long.

Okay, I get it. I thought your superstitious thing was taking a dump when the opposing team was batting? LOL!!!
    I do that as well, my father and my buddy told me to go take a shit after Hernandez hit that bomb off Kimbrel lol.

Last edited by Sox75; 10-28-2018 at 02:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    What's wrong with Sale?
    Everything, He is not able to pitch. He is no factor in the WS project

I can't believe that we came within 1 error of a sweep and scored 9 runs tonight with our 3 best hitters going 1-30 over the last 2 games.
    Then they would be better described as your 3 worst hitters in the LA smog , wouldn't they ?

Should have been a sweep obviously, but a win is a win, and I'll take that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason33: View Post
    It just seems like he’s doing it all the time and he’s going to really hurt someone. That’s the achilles and that ain’t no joke.
    And Joe Buck sounded like the battered wife on the replay.” Oh, he was just trying to run out his base “. Bullshit. Found time to blow a bubble too? Pierce may even be his best friend on top of it! Just goes to show it doesn’t matter with Machado. His own mother could be covering the bag. Fuck you mom. What a real class act Manny Machado is.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Emp9 View Post
    And Joe Buck sounded like the battered wife on the replay.” Oh, he was just trying to run out his base “. Bullshit. Found time to blow a bubble too? Pierce may even be his best friend on top of it! Just goes to show it doesn’t matter with Machado. His own mother could be covering the bag. Fuck you mom. What a real class act Manny Machado is.
    Slightly off topic but I gave up on Buck/Smoltz between Games 3 and 4. Watched 4 muted last night and will do the same for 5.

Quote Originally Posted by d-money View Post
    Tired? I like Chris but the guy has been babied enough. His velocity had dipped.
    No...sorry was talking about rich hill.
    other names i have posted under: none

Legend
    Mitch Moreland said a great thing after the game that struck me. When Sale, went off, he said he wasn't there, but he wished he was. But, he said, that we got Pitchers giving their all, coming out of Bullpen giving their all, we as Position Players better be ready, to go all out for the team. Eovaldi's game had a big effect, on the whole team.
    That's, why I say we might have lost, but that performance, had a winning effect.
    Last edited by OH FOY!; 10-28-2018 at 08:00 AM.

Cora made a few mistakes tonight. ERod has a lot of trouble getting through 6 innings. Even when he has cruised through 5 2/3 innings this season, things have almost always fallen apart for him and prevented him from completing the 6th. Tonight was not the time to try to get ERod through 6. The team bailed him out of that very bad move, when Roberts decided to hand the ball to Madson and Maeda -- two bags of trash.
    I agree about E Rod. He gave us great five innings. You KNEW that his gig was going to be up at some point. Someone else should have came in. Cora was playing with fire and got burned.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    I take back everything I have ever said about Devers' defense!
    I'm going to hold you to that.

Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    Then they would be better described as your 3 worst hitters in the LA smog , wouldn't they ?
    Troll alert!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I agree about E Rod. He gave us great five innings. You KNEW that his gig was going to be up at some point. Someone else should have came in. Cora was playing with fire and got burned.
    A 7hr & 20 min extra innings game can mess with your head. I don’t fault Cora for trying squeeze every last pitch out of ERod there. At least not that much. Under normal circumstances ERod gets yanked before all that. He pitched a hell of a game.