Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Biggest Disappointments, to date!

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    I pretty much stopped posting in game threads towards the end of the 2011 season.

You can imagine how toxic those game threads were.
    Was this a typo? You joined in 2015, did you mean that season?
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    Was this a typo? You joined in 2015, did you mean that season?
    I think she meant from way back at that other site.

The game threads there were just as bad.

Hard to find many disappointments in what may very well be the best regular season in Sox history. But the first thing I thought of was Devers. Not to be confused with giving up on him he just had star written all over him and I kind of expected him to make a leap forward, not backwards. Peddy has been my favorite player for a while, that was another big disappointment.

I kind of knew our pen sucked and Kelly, we'll he's Joe Kelly and rapidly approaching Daniel Bard territory. Sometimes it takes more than a 100 MPH heater.

Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    I think the biggest disappointment is many of the comments on the game thread. The Sox are having a great season by any measure. Historic. Yet to read the game thread you would think that half the lineup were stiffs , the bullpen was a disaster and the manager is a total idiot. And doom is lurking around the corner. Hard to understand all of the negativism, since the so- called " Curse of the Bambino " was laid to rest fourteen years ago.
    It's almost enough to make you think the guys who frequent game threads the most are miserable pricks to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    I think she meant from way back at that other site.

The game threads there were just as bad.
    There were a dozen or so of us who couldn't handle the game threads so we made our own game threads on Chatzy and had a great time there. There was some negativity and frustration vented and a lot of positives but no 'over the top' stuff like there is on the GT's now. We did eventually have to give Pumpsie the boot though. I was surprised at the time that you (and slash) didn't get involved.
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

I usually avoid the game thread for just this reason.

I get the momentary frustration effect, but it goes over the top way too often for my liking.

To each his own, I guess.
    Same here.
    “The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead.
    It's only difficult for other people.

It works the same way for stupid."

i think if some of the posters that have avoided the GT's gave it another shot it may be a different experience. the main culprit for this season was banned a few weeks ago so IMO the GT's have been better. personally i am not usually on for the first handful of innings as i catch up to Live feed via DVR once i finally sit down to watch....
    other names i have posted under: none

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    i think if some of the posters that have avoided the GT's gave it another shot it may be a different experience. the main culprit for this season was banned a few weeks ago so IMO the GT's have been better. personally i am not usually on for the first handful of innings as i catch up to Live feed via DVR once i finally sit down to watch....
    I dunno Slash, I just took a look at the game thread from Sept. 9 and the negativity is still pretty amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    I dunno Slash, I just took a look at the game thread from Sept. 9 and the negativity is still pretty amazing.
    lol. perhaps that game is not a good example for my point.
    other names i have posted under: none

We could be 135-15 and some would still bitch.

Deity
    The Sox could have 8 Triple Crown candidates and some would complain about that last player being the weakness that would hold them back...

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    I think the biggest disappointment is many of the comments on the game thread. The Sox are having a great season by any measure. Historic. Yet to read the game thread you would think that half the lineup were stiffs , the bullpen was a disaster and the manager is a total idiot. And doom is lurking around the corner. Hard to understand all of the negativism, since the so- called " Curse of the Bambino " was laid to rest fourteen years ago.
    Good post. The same people in there every game spouting bile and complaining at every single little thing.

There is literally zero point going in to them when people complain in seasons like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
    Good post. The same people in there every game spouting bile and complaining at every single little thing.

There is literally zero point going in to them when people complain in seasons like this.
    I typically regret opening a game thread while a game is on. That's the real fellowship of the miserable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

Legend
    I'm not surprised that some folks feel superior when they think they are pointing out the shortcomings of others. Maybe if it makes them feel good its worth it, but to me it just indicates their own issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    lol. perhaps that game is not a good example for my point.
    Shit. Just go look at last night's thread. Enough bitching in their before the Sox took the lead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.