Register now to remove this ad

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: 9/05 @ Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by sk7326 View Post
    He's a former All-Star - was one of the best 2B in the league. But very much a possibility if the Red Sox carry 11 pitchers on the ALDS roster.

Magic number is 4 to guarantee October baseball.
    Most Boston fans don't pay attention to the NL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

Willie Mays Hayes gives Sox the win. Most improbable win in Sox history...Unreal.

For improbable wins, of course, game 6 v. Yankees in 04...but still, what an amazing win.

Quote Originally Posted by dannycater View Post
    For improbable wins, of course, game 6 v. Yankees in 04...but still, what an amazing win.
    I definitely don’t rule this team out in 2018. Can be down by 6 or 7 runs and I swear this team just has an offensive outburst. It just takes one inning sometimes for the Sox. One player gets a run and it sparks the entire offence. Hopefully with Sale back and Price, Porcello, E-Rod we won’t have to put as much pressure on the hitters scoring 8 plus runs to win games.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by kenmeister View Post
    The Yankees look cooked. I don’t think the As will have much problem ending their season.
    Meh. So much depends on the two starters on that specific day. Anyone can win just one game. That's almost true of any series with all teams above .500.

Wow, I can't believe someone didn't know who Brandon Phillips was. He's been in MLB since 2002, has over 2000 career hits and 200 homers, and during his prime was one of best 2B both offensively and defensively, and was a great dude off the field and in clubhouses, especially in Cincy. He's a very likable guy and loves the game of baseball.

Who would've thought a few years ago it would even be possible to have Dustin Pedroia, Ian Kinsler and Brandon Phillips all in Boston at same time?

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    Who would've thought a few years ago it would even be possible to have Dustin Pedroia, Ian Kinsler and Brandon Phillips all in Boston at same time?
    It's Dombrowski Magic!

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Most Boston fans don't pay attention to the NL.
    I do. Half my family came from the Netherlands. Great explorers, good businessmen, and doormats any time the Prussians/Germans wanted to invade France.