Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/1 @ Chicago White Sox

Deity

9/1 @ Chicago White Sox

Vaz back. Surprised that he would start this game.

I know I am not in line for starting a game thread. Game had started and there was not one yet. Thought folks would be interested in this game given the return of Vaz and E-Rod. Hope I haven't broken anybody's rice bowl.
    Last edited by jung; 09-01-2018 at 06:17 PM.

Legend
    Devers not called up, asked about it Cora said we are going to play our best players. We're here to win games - Sean McAdam

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by OH FOY! View Post
    Devers not called up, asked about it Cora said we are going to play our best players. We're here to win games - Sean McAdam
    I guess I am not surprised at Cora's sentiment. Thought they would have a hard time seeing Devers as a post season 3rd baseman. But boy...this team is REALLY Right Handed from the batter's box now.

Legend
    E-Rod is dealing.

Deity
    Eddies been eating his wheaties.

Legend
    He was dominate in his 2 Rehab starts.

Quote Originally Posted by jung View Post
    Vaz back. Surprised that he would start this game.

I know I am not in line for starting a game thread. Game had started and there was not one yet. Thought folks would be interested in this game given the return of Vaz and E-Rod. Hope I haven't broken anybody's rice bowl.
    You did not break protocol.

Sox lost their previous game so anyone can start the game thread for this game.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Kind of shocked in a good way that E-Rod has started with 4 Ks.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Legend
    He looking good!

Like, holy shit.

I am high. Is this really happening?

Legend
    Lyons is right he is pitching at a quicker pace.

Legend
    Devers just hit a 2 run HR for the Pawsox.

Legend
    Too bad hit it hard too.

Legend
    Eduardo Rodriguez and Carlos Rodon provide interesting comps as 25-year-old lefthanders with three more arbitration seasons after earning $2.4 million and $2.3 million, respectively, this year as Super Twos.

This year the 6-foot-2, 220-pound Rodriguez has posted 1.9 fWAR in 19 starts. Entering today's game ZiPS, Steamer and FanGraphs Depth Charts project Rodriguez with rest-of-season WAR of 0.4, 0.3 and 0.3, respectively, in four starts.

This year the 6-foot-3, 235-pound Rodon has posted 1.2 fWAR in 14 starts. Entering today's game ZiPS, Steamer and FanGraphs Depth Charts project Rodon with rest-of-season WAR of 0.3, 0.3 and 0.3, respectively, in four starts.
    Last edited by harmony; 09-01-2018 at 07:06 PM.

Deity
    Appears that gone is the E-Rod that works 1-2 counts to 3-2 counts and ultimately a walk.