Register now to remove this ad

Page 25 of 75 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Sox To Sign J.D. Martinez

Exactly innuendo I changed it to maybe ... Who the hell knows ..it is all there is it's what it is no more no less just an odd jump off a cliff to a very bright career ....never to resurface ....always will be weird to me .Hated the trade to begin with because rumblings had started over there before it went down .The injury was one that was scary enough but couple that with innuendo ....would never have traded for that player ....ever .Not like the guy was some hulk at the plate ...that trade makes me angry now and will always ...something just never added up .
    Last edited by Natick to NC; 02-25-2018 at 11:27 PM.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Natick to NC View Post
    Exactly innuendo is all there is it's what it is no more no less just an odd jump off a cliff to a very bright career ....never to resurface ....always will be weird to me .Hated the trade to begin with because rumblings had started over there before it went down .
    "Never to resurface" was likely due to injury, so - mystery solved!

Rumblings are typically crap. There's usually a really good reason most of them never go beyond the rumbling stage. If every player who was the subject of rumblings actually used steroids, then most of games would be cancelled because teams would not have enough eligible players..
    Last edited by notin; 02-25-2018 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Never to resurface" was likely due to injury, so - mystery solved!

Rumblings are typically crap. There's usually a really good reason most of them never go beyond the rumbling stage. If every player who was the subject of rumblings actually used steroids, then most of games would be cancelled because teams would not have enough eligible players..
    Can't argue a thing you said ...I'm admittedly bitter over that trade so I may have bought into some rando explanation ....Guy was a stud for a brief time just like many many ball players only to break down ....
    Last edited by Natick to NC; 02-25-2018 at 11:35 PM.

Deity
    Exactly innuendo I changed it to maybe ... Who the hell knows ..it is all there is it's what it is no more no less just an odd jump off a cliff to a very bright career ....never to resurface ....always will be weird to me .Hated the trade to begin with because rumblings had started over there before it went down .The injury was one that was scary enough but couple that with innuendo ....would never have traded for that player ....ever .Not like the guy was some hulk at the plate ...that trade makes me angry now and will always ...something just never added up .
    I mean if you want a rumblings case that makes more sense, isn't it JD Martinez? He gets released by the Astros - and not the new good Astros, mind you. The older shittier "lucky to win 50 games" Astros.

And he goes from not good enough for one of the worst teams in recent history to one of the best sluggers in the league? By going to a much worse hitting ballpark?

Yeah that makes sense.

But as I said, rumblings are crap. Ignore them until you get a positive test. ..

I mean if you want a rumblings case that makes more sense, isn't it JD Martinez? He gets released by the Astros - and not the new good Astros, mind you. The older shittier "lucky to win 50 games" Astros.

And he goes from not good enough for one of the worst teams in recent history to one of the best sluggers in the league? By going to a much worse hitting ballpark?

Yeah that makes sense.

But as I said, rumblings are crap. Ignore them until you get a positive test. ..
    Admittedly JDs career in Houston I've never looked into .....But for 100 mill You bet you that the last few months our Redsox have .rumblings are shit lol so wasn't that trade ...oh well maybe Kelly will be the guy they thought he would become ....hope it's this year.
    Last edited by Natick to NC; 02-25-2018 at 11:57 PM.

Hey onward and upward we are getting JD and we are winning the World Series in 18 ...this team comes together this year ...we peak .

Hey onward and upward we are getting JD and we are winning the World Series in 18 ...this team comes together this year ...we peak .
    Amen brother! From your lips to god’s ears!

We have some heavy weights to deal with first though. New York, Houston and Cleveland. Not to mention the twins, angels and blue jays could are all looking for a seat at the table.

Survival of the fittest this year.

Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    I think Bullhorn gets up earlier than most of us as well. He might be in a different time Zone! lol
    Bullhorn, I like that. One of the reasons I chose Bellhorn for my screen name was because it's such a cool/weird/funny name.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Bullhorn, I like that. One of the reasons I chose Bellhorn for my screen name was because it's such a cool/weird/funny name.
    lol - ok that really was a mistake. When I noticed it, it actually was a little too late to edit I think. i really didn't do that on purpose.
    sorry about that.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    lol - ok that really was a mistake. When I noticed it, it actually was a little too late to edit I think. i really didn't do that on purpose.
    sorry about that.

Auto correct sucks. ..

Deity
    Auto correct sucks. ..
    I don't even know what that is. How about that.

Auto correct sucks. ..
    So... this guy is standing in his kitchen talking with his wife when he gets a series of text messages. "This is Bob next door. I want you to apologize to you. I've been tapping your wife for several months now and I'm sorry. Every time I saw you leave your house ...there I was, doing it again. I'm so ashamed. I hope you can forgive me. I promise that it won't happen again."

The guy who got the message walks into his bedroom, opens a drawer, takes out a pistol, loads it and heads back for the kitchen. Just as he points the gun at her he gets another text message. "Not wife. Wi-fi. Damn autocorrect."
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

MLBTR reports...

Feb. 26: Nearly a full week after agreeing to terms with Martinez, the Red Sox have formally announced his five-year deal. He’ll be introduced at a press conference at 9am ET.

Legend
    He sounds like he doesn't like to DH, rather play Outfield. Asked if DH'ing will help him study Pitchers more, he said, "did it when I played RF".
    Like his demeanor, very calm, and thinks out his answers. Intelligent.
    Last edited by OH FOY!; 02-26-2018 at 09:28 AM.

With anything besides rumor and innuendo?
    I don't want to mention my sources, but I've heard rumors that both Jacko and A700's post totals are greatly inflated due to *cough cough* deer antler spray, ADHD medication and *checks notes* Ortiz's eye drops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.