Register now to remove this ad

Page 53 of 68 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Prospect Mega Thread

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Fielding % just doesn't mean much to me. I rely more on what scouts are saying about where he will be.

If Dalbec bounces a throw to a 1b who picks it, no error. If the 1b picks it, error.
    Give me your Scouts, SoxProspects? I got his Draft evaluation, where they say he is more suited to play 1st Base. Strong arm, very weak Glove, and slow feet.
    Last edited by OH FOY!; 08-24-2018 at 07:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OH FOY! View Post
    Give me your Scouts, SoxProspects? I got his Draft evaluation, where they say he is more suited to play 1st Base. Strong arm, very weak Glove, and slow feet.
    Here's what soxprospects says...

Arm: Plus arm strength. Touched the mid-90s off the mound in college. Plenty of arm for third base, able to make all the throws including balls fielded on the foul line. Will have accuracy problems on occasion as throws can sail on him.

Field: Hands work well and footwork is usually reliable. A little stiff and has some trouble getting down on ground balls when charging the ball. Doesn’t have great range, but makes up for that somewhat with his length, allowing him to cover more ground than his feet would normally allow. Projects as an average defender at third base with the potential to be above-average.

All-Star
    I always think the most recent scouting report is the most relevant. Scouts often try to project these guys and it's never 100%. You can look at a guy, look at his size, his body type and movements and you can see that he may not only not be a great athlete but he could have the body type that can easily put on weight.

That's why it's easy to look at some guys and say "he's going to move to 3b" "he's going to move to 1b" etc etc. While I generally trust that consensus, at the end of the day, no one truly knows how these kids will develop. Sometimes guys work very hard to change their body and improve their athleticism and they just stick and improve where they are.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post
    Can you say welcome to our minor league system, a nearly barren waste land! But on the bright side, the parent team is 50 games over .500.

Ps: If sale and Rodriguez return healthy, then the scorched earth policy that desperate dave has applied to our minor league system will be worth it because we will be world champions again!
    The farm system is looking fairly decent if you want a 3B. The Sox have Chavis, who is on the cusp of MLB, although an unlikely star, and Dalbec, who is right behind him.

And in the majors, they have Devers, who is actually the youngest of the three. This might be the depth Dombrowski deals from, and it might actually be Devers he moves since he is most likely to get back an impact player (assuming DD thinks the Sox need one), and the Sox can clearly win without Rafael.

Or, more likely, he tries to move Chavis and/or Dalbec and the return of Devers is one the the already-in-place upgrades for 2018...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    The farm system is looking fairly decent if you want a 3B. The Sox have Chavis, who is on the cusp of MLB, although an unlikely star, and Dalbec, who is right behind him.

And in the majors, they have Devers, who is actually the youngest of the three. This might be the depth Dombrowski deals from, and it might actually be Devers he moves since he is most likely to get back an impact player (assuming DD thinks the Sox need one), and the Sox can clearly win without Rafael.

Or, more likely, he tries to move Chavis and/or Dalbec and the return of Devers is one the the already-in-place upgrades for 2018...
    My heart couldn't take a Devers trade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    My heart couldn't take a Devers trade.
    I still firmly believe Devers will be a great MLB player, even if he moves to 1B.

He is so damn young.

Chavis promotes to Pawtucket and hit his first tater today!

Legend
    Shawaryn got hit hard. Guerrero is something else. Look at these numbers. Just turned 19.

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp...tting/2018/ALL
    Last edited by OH FOY!; 08-25-2018 at 03:01 PM.

Chavis with another Pawtucket tater today.

One for ockimey as well today.

Legend
    Ockimey finishing strong very good, had another nice game today, along with Chavis.

Dalbec with his 6th tater for portland today. Tender with another tater today as well.

Ockimey with his 5th tater for Pawtucket today.

It's like everyday these guys homer.

Legend
    Tendler just turned 27 a few days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    It's like everyday these guys homer.
    Tater Time with Larry!

Quote Originally Posted by OH FOY! View Post
    Tendler just turned 27 a few days ago.
    The minor league Rule 5 draft pick leads Portland with 61 RBI, while his 14 home runs put him second.

-soxprospects.com