Register now to remove this ad

Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: ALDS Game 1 @ Houston

Quote Originally Posted by fxkatt View Post
    I emphatically agree. There is some disconnect between what's expected of players and what's expected of fans. Cam Newton is correctly being hit for his sexism for embarrassing a female reporter, but fans on boards spew this crap all the time and get away with it. I'm fairly new here, but it did seem much like the exception to the rule until lately.

It's also terrible that women make up a large percentage of actual, in-the-seats sports fans, and yet all sport Boards are heavily male dominant. My intelligent guess is that the major Patriot board is less than 1% female.
    1. I don't recall the blow job meme becoming overtly sexist. Is it sexual in nature? Sure. Is it demeaning to women? Hardly. Sexuality is a beautiful thing that many coeds begin to explore. If Thunder gets to receive or give oral over the next 4 years, good for him. Not sure why talk about sex is so offensive in certain parts. It's something that nearly 100% of adults do from time to time. Why is talking about it so offensive? I'm not sure anything said in the posts has objectified anyone.

2. The only vaguely sexist posting lately has been the talk about ESPN's Mendoza. I think it's obvious that some people are much harder on her than her cohosts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Get the fuck off me, I'm trying to watch the game
    Then feel free to put your phone down?
    I get MV Pee.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Bogaerts SS,
    Núñez DH,
    Benintendi LF,
    Betts RF,
    Moreland 1B,
    Pedroia 2B,
    Devers 3B,
    Leon C,
    Bradley Jr. CF
    Let's rock

Then feel free to put your phone down?
    Of course I wouldn't cuss though. I don't do that either except on here, which I try not to do.
    I can't disagree with you

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Of course I wouldn't cuss though. I don't do that either except on here, which I try not to do.
    I don't get you sometimes, but I hope your mojo goes a long way this fall.
    I get MV Pee.

Quote Originally Posted by harmony View Post
    I sent an email to the UConn Office of Student Affairs suggesting that Thunder could benefit from education on gender issues (if the university can identify him).

My two daughters in college encounter health and unhealthy gender attitudes on their campuses.

Let me take cover before your fire off your responses.
    No need to take cover, but if you are serious about having contacted UConn, that is seriously inappropriate. You have jumped into a situation whose background you don't understand (and which Thunder explains very clearly and compassionately) and you have made an accusation that, in today's climate, could have a serious impact on Thunder's college career and, by extension, the rest of his life. If you have in fact contacted UConn, I would beseech you to write back and say, "Oh, my bad, I misinterpreted the situation and it's not what I thought it was. Please disregard my previous email."

I get where you are coming from as the father of college girls. (I have two not-yet-college-age boys, myself.) I am not trying to flame you; I am asking you to weigh the possibility that your email to UConn is likely to do more harm (to Thunder) than good (to anyone), given the context of the remarks.
    Last edited by Beaneater; 10-05-2017 at 01:41 PM. Reason: fat fingers

And now back to our regularly scheduled, you know, entertainment.

Bogaerts SS,
    Núñez DH,
    Benintendi LF,
    Betts RF,
    Moreland 1B,
    Pedroia 2B,
    Devers 3B,
    Leon C,
    Bradley Jr. CF
    As one of my coaches used to say: "Sounds like hits to me!"
    I can't disagree with you

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    I was kind of hoping for Vasquez over Leon, but otherwise good lineup.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Time for JBJ to go on one of his patented 1.400+ OPS streaks for the next, oh, 12-15 games or so.

Deity
    I am just curious what's the percentage of the team that wins game 1 in the ALDS. How many times they go on to win the series?

In the LDS era, the team that wins Game One in the best-of-five series has gone on to win the series 71% of the time

Major Leaguer
    Quote Originally Posted by d-money View Post
    I am just curious what's the percentage of the team that wins game 1 in the ALDS. How many times they go on to win the series?
    I saw that in the last 10 years, 40 5 game Division series, the team that won the 1st game won 32 out of 40, 80%. Of course causality is important here, it's not just a matter of winning the first game gives you 80% chance of winning the series. The better team is more likely to win the first game.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    In the LDS era, the team that wins Game One in the best-of-five series has gone on to win the series 71% of the time
    Thank you. That's why I said it's crucial to steal game 1 with sale pitching.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwell View Post
    I saw that in the last 10 years, 40 5 game Division series, the team that won the 1st game won 32 out of 40, 80%. Of course causality is important here, it's not just a matter of winning the first game gives you 80% chance of winning the series. The better team is more likely to win the first game.
    We have seen upsets before. I think this team's capable of beating any team. Just need the pitching and the timely hitting. Last year was a train wreck.