Register now to remove this ad

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 MLB Post Season

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    The deeper the knife goes into the heart of the Dodgers the better I feel. I relish watching that knife twist. I hope their players cry. I do feel bad for for Dave Roberts. I like him a lot, and he holds a special place in my heart.
    I assume you don't like the Yankees West because they've spent their way to a possible title? So why hate on the players, they aren't the problem. I would (and have) hated the Dodgers organization recently, but this is the only time they've made the Series so far, so I am adjusted to the chance that they could win, and it doesn't bother me.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    I assume you don't like the Yankees West because they've spent their way to a possible title? So why hate on the players, they aren't the problem. I would (and have) hated the Dodgers organization recently, but this is the only time they've made the Series so far, so I am adjusted to the chance that they could win, and it doesn't bother me.
    My hatred for the Dodgers has nothing to do with how they build their team or spend money. As far as hating the players, hate is not rational. I hate anything in pinstripes too.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Wouldn't someone have leaked proof if it was? I think it's more likely that everyone's been swinging for the fences so much more this season.
    The baseball establishment would never admit to anything and there have been years where the balls have been juiced -- this being one of those years. Who would leak it? Who would know it? The baseball code of silence is akin to omerta -- their finances are till largely unknown.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    The baseball establishment would never admit to anything and there have been years where the balls have been juiced -- this being one of those years. Who would leak it? Who would know it? The baseball code of silence is akin to omerta -- their finances are till largely unknown.
    The people in the ball factory, who had been told to juice it. People talk.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

The people in the ball factory, who had been told to juice it. People talk.
    And risk losing the contract and probably their entire business? I don't think so.

And risk losing the contract and probably their entire business? I don't think so.
    These baseballs are made in Costa Rica.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    I feel the same way. I can't say anything bad about Roberts. Every time I hear him speak I am impressed by how he is such a nice and intelligent man. Articulate, too.

However, I can't stand anything LA and if the movie Escape from LA came to pass I would not cry.

Fuck LA and all their part time fans.

GO STROS!!11!!!
    Is hinch articulate too? Or do we just assume that because he's a white?

Why should you be "impressed " that a Major League Baseball manager is intelligent?
    other names i have posted under: none

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    Hinch is a dope. I hope that isn't racist.

If you don't see my point then you don't want to. Which is fine. But I won't stop pointing out racism. No matter if it's blatant or soft racism.
    other names i have posted under: none

If you don't see my point then you don't want to. Which is fine. But I won't stop pointing out racism. No matter if it's blatant or soft racism.
    I was just concerned that I was committing soft racism in the opposite direction -- by calling a white guy a dope was I just assuming that it went unsaid about blacks? That is certainly not what I intended. If it was taken that way, I apologize. Oh, the insidiousness of unconscious bias, or is it subconscious bias? When you are unconscious you are asleep. Bias while sleeping probably can't offend anyone or cause damage to society. It must be subconscious bias...right?

These baseballs are made in Costa Rica.
    " Candy is dandy but liqueur is quicker.

You can juice all the balls down in Costa Rica"
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Why should you be "impressed " that a Major League Baseball manager is intelligent?
    Oh Christ. Not this shit again.

I never heard Hinch speak.

But continue to point out how sensitive you are to my trolling efforts.

It's fun to watch you all squirm.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Lol.

It can be fun baiting some twits on Talksox. It's so easy to get them to make themselves look like dopes.

I don't remember having fun like this before the infection.

Says the guy with the big tits constantly in his avatars.

No hint of Misogyny there at all.

Give it a rest big guy. Calling me a racist is whack.

You are not only incorrect you are beyond your depth here.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Says the guy with the big tits constantly in his avatars.

No hint of Misogyny there at all.

Give it a rest big guy. Calling me a racist is whack.

You are not only incorrect you are beyond your depth here.
    Excellent point about his avatars. Kimmi and other female posters could certainly claim they show a hostile posting environment.

And our recently fired manager was about as white as wonder bread; articulate is not an adjective that comes to mind when describing John Farrell.
    The Yankees could go 0-162 and it wouldn't be enough