Register now to remove this ad

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 MLB Post Season

Hell of a series so far. All three games have been exceptional.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    Make that 4 games, and I entirely agree. I'm sort of rooting for the Astros because they are AL, but like seeing the Dodgers back in the thick of things. I remember the WS in the 1950's when radio was huge and inning by inning results were made known in school during day games--specifically Johnny Podres in the 1955 WS. Plus I think "Dodgers" is one of the really good team names in all of pro sports even though they were first the Brooklyn Trolley Dodgers (and several other names before that). Still, the name reeks of American history. So too, sadly, the name of yankees, which the NYC team stole from New Englanders.
    Last edited by Maxbialystock; 10-29-2017 at 08:36 AM.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    This city is going nutty!
    Thanks for the reminder. Somehow, both home team crowds seem very energized this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    Make that 4 games, and I entirely agree. I'm sort of rooting for the Astros because they are AL, but like seeing the Dodgers back in the thick of things. I remember the WS in the 1950's when radio was huge and inning by inning results were made known in school during day games--specifically Johnny Podres in the 1955 WS. Plus I think "Dodgers" is one of the really good team names in all of pro sports even though they were first the Brooklyn Trolley Dodgers (and several other names before that). Still, the name reeks of American history. So too, sadly, the name of yankees, which the NYC team stole from New Englanders.
    Well said!

And my bad I meant 4. Had some alcohol in me when I made that post haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    I don't think that their name was ever "Trolley Dodgers." They did have other names, notably for about 15 year including the 1920's they were known as the Robins.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    It has been a great series so far. I'm looking forward to an epic pitching matchup tonight.

I am still slightly favoring the Astros, but at this point, I really don't care who wins.

Legend
    Kershaw looks on tonight. All Sox Pitchers should see that Kershaw lead the Majors in 1st Pitch Strikes 69% of the time. Tom Seaver always said most important pitch is the 1st Pitch.

Holy shit. Just like that tie game.

The racist tied the game.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Legend
    Lost it quick. WoW!

Clayton Chokeshaw

This game is long. I had late dinner when the game began, now it's just in the 5th 2 hours later.

Tie game, again. Altuve, what a player.

Altuve was so determined in that AB. He blasted. A foul ball deep into the LF stands and he kept swinging from the heels knowing that Maeda had nothing to get him out. He is some player.

Nice play George.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."