Register now to remove this ad

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 MLB Post Season

Legend
    Dodgers are going to be around awhile, that's a very young team.

I'll take the Astros, and Altuve for Series MVP. He is playing and leading like a man possessed.

https://www.barstoolsports.com/chica...88474908834827

What a fucking douche bag. Imagine being paid in excess of $20. mil to fly to Europe and abandon your team.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Don't know about the rest of you, but I am ready for some baseball. I am really looking forward to a good pitcher's duel between Kershaw and Keuchel.

Go Baseball!

Deity
    Go astros!!! Can't stand the dodgers.

Deity
    Shitty way to start a World Series by the astros. The astros will have to play a lot better than they did against the Yankees or this could be ugly.

Fantastic baseball game. less than 3 hours. great pitching. good defense. a couple of mistakes turned into dingers. glad to see kershaw have an Acelike start in the postseason. total domination. would have been tempted to send him out for the 8th but in Dave Roberts we trust.
    other names i have posted under: none

I was surprised to say the least that Dave didn't let Kershaw pitch the 8th...the best in the game and you're pulling him at 83 pitches for Brandon Morrow? It takes some balls to do that. The studio commentators on Sportsnet, Gregg Zaun and Justin Morneau, were equally surprised.

I'm sort of hoping for the Stros but I do like Dave and I'll be very happy for him if they win.

Legend
    2 hours 28 minutes. Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    I was surprised to say the least that Dave didn't let Kershaw pitch the 8th...the best in the game and you're pulling him at 83 pitches for Brandon Morrow? It takes some balls to do that. The studio commentators on Sportsnet, Gregg Zaun and Justin Morneau, were equally surprised.

I'm sort of hoping for the Stros but I do like Dave and I'll be very happy for him if they win.

I know how you feel.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    Fantastic baseball game. less than 3 hours. great pitching. good defense. a couple of mistakes turned into dingers. glad to see kershaw have an Acelike start in the postseason. total domination. would have been tempted to send him out for the 8th but in Dave Roberts we trust.
    It's refreshing to know that Kershaw finally figured out how to be clutch after all these years.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    It's refreshing to know that Kershaw finally figured out how to be clutch after all these years.
    I think it's possible that Kershaw has matured and learned how to deal with pressure better. The same may be true of Verlander. He struggled earlier in his career in the postseason. Hopefully the same will be true of Price.

Of course there may be some randomness in there too.

Shaughnessy has written numerous stories about Adrian Gonzalez being 'The Cooler', a guy who seems to consistently bring bad luck to his current team. The crazy thing is that the facts seem to back that up. This year the Dodgers were barely above .500 in the 90 or so games he played.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    I think it's possible that Kershaw has matured and learned how to deal with pressure better. The same may be true of Verlander. He struggled earlier in his career in the postseason. Hopefully the same will be true of Price.

Of course there may be some randomness in there too.
    Reasonable post. I do not disagree with what you're saying.

Altuve, what a player.