Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/12 Athletic Players

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    I think Mookie is going to start raking and show what he's all about during this stretch run.
    would that be great or what (says the guy he complained about his first AB)?

Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    God this game is slow.
    You're just noticing this about baseball?

LOL OB & Eck are still grousing bout the play on Vaz last weekend. :-)

Give it up, guys.
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

And who spells "Chris" with a "Kh"?

I know ... Mr & Mrs Davis, apparently.
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

Deity
    Ok, that's 62 pitches in 3 innings, a lot, and ERod is headed toward 5 innings, but I like what he is doing now--hitting spots, mixing his pitches, and avoiding fat fastballs down the middle. He did that last time too and went 6.

Deity
    Over on mlb tv they are asking Kluber about the clubhouse atmosphere, which is a really nasty, low question when the poor Indians are on a 19 game hitting strike. this is sports journalism at its grittiest. But Kluber handled well and said he didn't know because, you know, all clubhouses are the same whether you are winning or losing.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    Over on mlb tv they are asking Kluber about the clubhouse atmosphere, which is a really nasty, low question when the poor Indians are on a 19 game hitting strike. this is sports journalism at its grittiest. But Kluber handled well and said he didn't know because, you know, all clubhouses are the same whether you are winning or losing.
    It drives my wife nuts when they interview players or managers during the game. She thinks it's the stupidest thing. She's right.

You're just noticing this about baseball?
    Baseball is slow in general, but this game is extra slow.

Mookie redeems himself after that doubleplay.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post
    LOL OB & Eck are still grousing bout the play on Vaz last weekend. :-)

Give it up, guys.
    I agree. I think he was safe, but I'm satisfied the play was close enough that calling out was not a blunder. Besides, I'm anti-technology.

Deity
    Yankees tied 1-1 after five, and we are in the middle of the 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    I agree. I think he was safe, but I'm satisfied the play was close enough that calling out was not a blunder. Besides, I'm anti-technology.
    I think he was safe too, and I'm pro-technology (to a point). That's why it irks me so when the umps blow a call that to me was fairly obvious. I still believe that the replay system would be improved if the umpires were to be miked like in football so they could explain why they made the call they did. One of the most frustrating things about that call was that we as fans were left wondering if they saw Vaz as being out, or did they feel they didn't have the evidence to overturn the original call.
    -Vin Scully

Deity
    It drives my wife nuts when they interview players or managers during the game. She thinks it's the stupidest thing. She's right.
    Boy is she right. I could almost live with those things except they insist on putting them on camera as it to say, "I hope you didn't tune in to watch baseball players, the crowd, etc."

JBJ strikes again!!
    -Vin Scully

Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post
    I think he was safe too, and I'm pro-technology (to a point). That's why it irks me so when the umps blow a call that to me was fairly obvious. I still believe that the replay system would be improved if the umpires were to be miked like in football so they could explain why they made the call they did. One of the most frustrating things about that call was that we as fans were left wondering if they saw Vaz as being out, or did they feel they didn't have the evidence to overturn the original call.
    That play blows my mind. I mean if you question that one, you kind of have to question every sliding play there ever was at the plate. Can we really know that every slide wasn't a fraction of an inch above the plate?
    In the town where I was born
    Lived a man who sailed to sea
    And he told us of his life
    In the land of submarines
    So we sailed up to the sun
    'Til we found a sea of green
    And we lived beneath the waves
    In our yellow submarine