Register now to remove this ad

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: 9/6 vs Blue Jays

JBj had an error on the basepaths. 100%. the second that ball is lifted into the air to short LF depth towards the line he needs to get 1/3 of the way off of the base. if the ball is caught (as one would expect) he needs to hustle back to the bag to avoid being doubled up. if the ball is dropped (not expected but should be prepared) he needs to put his head down and hustle to 3rd base to avoid being forced out.
    when the bags are full behind you - you MUST run to the next base when a baseball touches dirt or grass.
    it's pretty simple stuff actually.
    that all said...do we need to crucify JBj? no. he had a big game last night and a yuuuuge defensive play earlier in the morning. do we expect him to learn from his baserunning error last night? heck yes we do.
    JBj - let's not see this again. you have now done this 2x this season. once running to first base and now this one. please...for the love of all things holy...when the ball hits the ground run your ass off to the next bag. thank you for your cooperation.
    other names i have posted under: none

The Blue Jays got Fistered hard last night.
    We miss you Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    JBj had an error on the basepaths. 100%. the second that ball is lifted into the air to short LF depth towards the line he needs to get 1/3 of the way off of the base. if the ball is caught (as one would expect) he needs to hustle back to the bag to avoid being doubled up. if the ball is dropped (not expected but should be prepared) he needs to put his head down and hustle to 3rd base to avoid being forced out.
    when the bags are full behind you - you MUST run to the next base when a baseball touches dirt or grass.
    that all said...do we need to crucify JBj? no. he had a big game last night and a yuuuuge defensive play earlier in the morning. do we expect him to learn from his baserunning error last night? heck yes we do.
    JBj - let's not see this again. you have now done this 2x this season. once running to first base and now this one. please...for the love of all things holy...when the ball hits the ground run your ass off to the next bag. thank you for your cooperation.
    I don't think anyone is crucifying JBJ. I just think people are fed up with baserunning mistakes that aren't even made little leaguers. It's just a weird thing that keeps happening to this team. FU Amaro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

@GlobeChadFinn

Eck will be back in the Sox booth Friday.

YES PLEASE!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    That's pretty good, slasher.

Quote Originally Posted by User Name? View Post
    Has the storm passed you yet?
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I don't think anyone is crucifying JBJ. I just think people are fed up with baserunning mistakes that aren't even made little leaguers. It's just a weird thing that keeps happening to this team. FU Amaro.
    My biggest criticism was that Butter just stood there like a mute. The replay showed Bradley confused and looking for help. The ballpark was pretty empty and quiet. Butter should have been yelling and waving to him. He did not do a good job. No one was crucifying Jackie. Some people interpret every criticism as a condemnation of the player's entire game.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

My biggest criticism was that Butter just stood there like a mute. The replay showed Bradley confused and looking for help. The ballpark was pretty empty and quiet. Butter should have been yelling and waving to him. He did not do a good job. No one was crucifying Jackie. Some people interpret every criticism as a condemnation of the player's entire game.
    Yes. That is why I hate people. I was always told growing up to listen to your coach. If he tells you to go and you're out, it's his fault. If he doesn't say anything, he's an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Quote Originally Posted by User Name? View Post
    Definitely did not think Fister would be our best pitcher these last few weeks if you had asked me 2 months ago. If Sale gets his shit together and Porcello can be a bit more consistent we have a very dangerous lineup of pitchers.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Yes. That is why I hate people. I was always told growing up to listen to your coach. If he tells you to go and you're out, it's his fault. If he doesn't say anything, he's an idiot.
    But weedhopper, you are still growing up.

Why are we still trying to get something out of Chris Young with Raji Davis buried on the bench. I almost forgot that he was on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    Definitely did not think Fister would be our best pitcher these last few weeks if you had asked me 2 months ago. If Sale gets his shit together and Porcello can be a bit more consistent we have a very dangerous lineup of pitchers.
    Fister has been a godsend. He has an ERA of 1.5 over his last 4 games, courtesy of a .173 BABIP. I have more faith in him right now than I have in any of our other starters, including Sale.

It was nice to close out that series with 2 wins.

I'b been saying since before Price went down that the Sox having the opportunity to pick up Sale was a godsend in itself, and even moreso that they were able to land him.
    Now I'm saying the same thing about Fister.

This team thought they were 'set' for pitching when the season started with both Price and the CY winner on board along with Kimbrel, but as it turns out where would we be without Sale and Fister??
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post
    I'b been saying since before Price went down that the Sox having the opportunity to pick up Sale was a godsend in itself, and even moreso that they were able to land him.
    Now I'm saying the same thing about Fister.

This team thought they were 'set' for pitching when the season started with both Price and the CY winner on board along with Kimbrel, but as it turns out where would we be without Sale and Fister??
    Much like the fetish community, we would be lost without Fister.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.