Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/6 vs Blue Jays

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    might have to throw in a mcflurry to add gain to mojo to upend apple watch bad karma....
    Nah, they don't really like Frosty Paws, so they'd probably prefer an apple pie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Or one of the caramel sundaes with extra peanuts.

Or maybe even a strawberry cream cheese pie.
    That sounds like a recipe for an 80lb hound dog shitting on my floor tonight. No thank you!
    I get MV Pee.

Game is 50/50 to go tonight. Can't go tomorrow because of consecutive days played rules. Would be added as double header on during 9/25-27 series.
    I get MV Pee.

Dogs will still be getting special treats from Chez McDo no matter what tonight.
    I get MV Pee.

Is two in a row too much to ask? Win. Dance. Repeat. x2
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by bosoxmal View Post
    I will be very disappointed (even disturbed) if theytake Devers out of the regular lineup. The 8 HR's cannot be looked at as "luck" or a "mistake". The kid has a killer swing and kille power. So, he learns a little between now and the playoffs? That; going to make a won-lost difference? No. It gives him a little time to learn such basics as when to look for the knuckle curve, and that slider almost in the dirt. He's 20 FOR CS!

He may not hit .150 between now and Oc 1! So what. Neither will Hanley eithe. Don't fuck this kid up, John!
    This ain't the development league. Devers is 20 in his first MLB and not even his rookie year. This is September, not April.

The 8 dingers are both real and significant,just as you say. But they were all in his first 20 games. In the next 16 he has 0 dingers and 2 doubles. Plus we are all watching his every at bat, which tell me that he has yet to adjust to what opposing pitchers are throwing.

You make a good point that leaving Devers in the lineup, even when he isn't hitting, won't make that much difference given the rest of the lineup, but you are also forgetting that his defense ain't helping either. He has 7 errors in 34 games and a DWAR of 0.

For all those reasons--pennant race, Yankees on our tail, 23 games left, struggles at the plate, age 20 in first MLB season, doubtful defense--I give Farrell on pass on whatever he does. I honestly think Devers will get back in there precisely because of that stupendous hitting talent. But I am not quite ready to throw Farrell into managerial purgatory because he is mishandling Devers.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    we werent stealing signals in NY. MFY brought it to MLB during the Fenway series the week before. it just took a few more days for the NYT to get wind of it....
    Thanks. Do we know precisely which games in which the Sox were stealing signals (even though they may have been doing so earlier)? The 12 games still apply, however, except for that one great game against Gray.

I get MV Pee.

Shit. Came out sideways. Sorry!
    I get MV Pee.

Deity
    1 Nunez 2b
    2 Pedroia DH
    3 Benintendi LF
    4 Betts RF
    5 Moreland 1B
    6 Bogaerts SS
    7 Devers 3b
    8 Leon C
    9 JBJ CF

Pedroia for HanRam at DH a small surprise, but I thought Pedey looked better at the plate last night. Devers, honestly, is no surprise with Pedroia at DH. He might be in a slump or struggling to make adustments, but we flat know he can hit. And we can be pretty sure that Lin, Marrero, Holt, et al, can't. (I cite those three under the assumption that Nunez is fine at 2b or 3b which would allow any of those 3 to play 2b).

Devers a little problematic fielding at 3b, Nunez going back on popups ditto (but now he has JBJ and Betts backing him up). Bogie only so-so at SS. But Devers was at 3b for Fister's last, superb start. Nunez played SS and 2b. Pedey started at 2b. IF should be OK if not sterling.

Deity
    If you're buying into the apple watch madness and believe that the Sox are losing because they got caught, you aren't allowed into my game thread.

End. Of. Story.
    I sure don't believe that. They are losing because they can't hit. Moonslav has documented that most everyone has a worse OPS this year than last and the second half vs. the first half of this season. I completely buy the idea that their attitude is just fine.

NOAA map shows a lot of stuff on top of eastern Massachusetts (Boston included) and more coming from eastern and central NY state. 50% might be optimistic, but local weather guys are probably pretty good.

Hahahaha. Awesome.
    other names i have posted under: none

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    Thanks. Do we know precisely which games in which the Sox were stealing signals (even though they may have been doing so earlier)? The 12 games still apply, however, except for that one great game against Gray.
    Yes. It was the august 18th game.
    other names i have posted under: none

That dog has the mojo!
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Sideways, frontways, still a beautiful dog.