Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/6 vs Blue Jays

9/6 vs Blue Jays

Fister vs Biagini

The Iron Fist needs to open the gates of K'un-Lun tonight, eh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

Raiden Wins - Fatality!

eff Toronto. Fister gonna Fistem.

WIN. Mickey D's x 2.....
    other names i have posted under: none

mvp and dogs who like Quarter Pounders mojo!

Betts has 2 HRs in 9 ABs vs this guy and his 5.01 ERA.

My headache is not as bad today. A win tonight by the Red Sox and a loss by the Yankees would go a long way towards a cure.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

After last night's game, we can't accuse the team of being lifeless or just going through the motions. They fought to win that game. Unfortunately, our very average offense will often put up very boring performances. Other offenses at least have the excitement of 1 or 2 big HR guys or stars who can change a game with one swing, so they provide anticipation. With our team, there is no such anticipation. If the opposing pitcher gets our first 2 batters out, you might as well go make a sandwich, because we usually need 3 hits to score.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Deity
    After last night's game, we can't accuse the team of being lifeless or just going through the motions. They fought to win that game. Unfortunately, our very average offense will often put up very boring performances. Other offenses at least have the excitement of 1 or 2 big HR guys or stars who can change a game with one swing, so they provide anticipation. With our team, there is no such anticipation. If the opposing pitcher gets our first 2 batters out, you might as well go make a sandwich, because we usually need 3 hits to score.
    Dead on--on both accounts, attitude and lack of hitting. The attitude is why we keep watching and the hitting is why some pain is involved in watching.

Deity
    Fister is the man, no question.

Biagini may be as rotten as his 5.01 ERA, but last night was the 12th straight game--with the singular exception of the three dingers against Gray last week when our guys were probably stealing signals--our lineup has been unable to get to the opposing starter.

My expectation is a hard fought, low-scoring game.

All-Star
    I will be very disappointed (even disturbed) if theytake Devers out of the regular lineup. The 8 HR's cannot be looked at as "luck" or a "mistake". The kid has a killer swing and kille power. So, he learns a little between now and the playoffs? That; going to make a won-lost difference? No. It gives him a little time to learn such basics as when to look for the knuckle curve, and that slider almost in the dirt. He's 20 FOR CS!

He may not hit .150 between now and Oc 1! So what. Neither will Hanley eithe. Don't fuck this kid up, John!

Deity
    But ain't it nice to finally have a win and the Yankees 3.5 back? That 19 inning saga was a tonic even with the weak hitting. It's also nice to see ERod start a game with some authority and Mookie to get two great doubles when the really counted. And the bullpen, my gosh. 11 guys, 0 runs, 13 innings. There is no doubt in my mind all 11 would love to go out again tonight in another close game. They have to be thinking that they absolutely, positively won that game last night and when it was badly needed.
    Last edited by Maxbialystock; 09-06-2017 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    Fister is the man, no question.

Biagini may be as rotten as his 5.01 ERA, but last night was the 12th straight game--with the singular exception of the three dingers against Gray last week when our guys were probably stealing signals--our lineup has been unable to get to the opposing starter.

My expectation is a hard fought, low-scoring game.
    we werent stealing signals in NY. MFY brought it to MLB during the Fenway series the week before. it just took a few more days for the NYT to get wind of it....

If you're buying into the apple watch madness and believe that the Sox are losing because they got caught, you aren't allowed into my game thread.

End. Of. Story.
    I get MV Pee.

Don't come in here trying to mess up mojo with nonsense like that. GTFO.
    I get MV Pee.

might have to throw in a mcflurry to add gain to mojo to upend apple watch bad karma....

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    might have to throw in a mcflurry to add gain to mojo to upend apple watch bad karma....
    Or one of the caramel sundaes with extra peanuts.

Or maybe even a strawberry cream cheese pie.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."