Register now to remove this ad

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334

Thread: 9/5 vs Blue Jays

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    They have GOT to make the change and start every extra inning with a man on 2B. I don't care about tradition or how you score it. 19 inning games aren't good for anyone.
    Freebie runner? No way, that's little league bullshit. That's as bad as instituting a mercy rule.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    Freebie runner? No way, that's little league bullshit. That's as bad as instituting a mercy rule.
    It was also tonight's poll question of the game on the NESN broadcast. I voted "No".
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    I'd rather see a draw than that.

Was Nunez hurt, or do the Red Sox have less respect for this Jays lineup than me?

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    It was also tonight's poll question of the game on the NESN broadcast. I voted "No".
    As we all should have voted. That rule would have denied us some great pitching by the bullpen, that absolutely stupendous double play by JBJ when he nailed Bautista trying to score on a middling fly to CF, and Betts and HanRam's heroics in the 19th inning. It could easily have given the Jays a win they didn't deserve.

#4 pages?
    Man, that's a lot of whining...
    “The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead.
    It's only difficult for other people.

It works the same way for stupid."

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    bump
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.