Register now to remove this ad

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: 9/3 Sox vs. MFY

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    And obviously Sanchez will be playing tonight in a key game against Baltimore as well.

I'm a little surprised the media has said so little about this whole fishy deal.
    Nope, he starts his suspension today

Quote Originally Posted by Carpin View Post
    Nope, he starts his suspension today
    Yes, I saw that and commented on it in the Sanchez thread. I wasn't expecting anything to happen today on the holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Boone is a big time Yankee homer.
    And Mendoza thinks that her primary role in the booth is to stroke Boone's ego.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Maybe but he's a twat too.

The play by play guy is annoying as well. Sometimes they have that fat guy doing play by play and he is less offensive.

Overall they do a poor job of being objective, informative, and entertaining.

They just suck.
    I listen to the radio feed. I can't take the ESPN crew.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I really liked Schilling as well, but I just don't see how announcers can be terrible. I don't have a problem with ESPN. They're very knowledgeable. I think a big reason why a lot of you here think they are biased is because they are actually impartial. The NESN guys are supposed to be relatively biased towards the Red Sox. ESPN is supposed to be neutral, so when they talk about the Yankees, it really strikes a cord with you people, because you've spent years watching broadcasts that are 100% biased. Now, I'm not saying ESPN is completely unbiased, because that's impossible. But especially for you, Spud, just stop and think a minute. Every Patriots game is on national TV, because, well, every NFL game is. I'm sure there are a lot of people out there that think the announcers are incredibly biased towards the Patriots, but you don't see it, or you just don't care, because it's your team. Even still, every NFL game I watch gives each team equal air time and equal discussion time. Good sportscasters on a national level are supposed to spur discussion amongst the analysts. That involves taking time to talk about each team individually. It's not fair to direct anger toward ESPN. Either get mad at everyone, or get mad at nobody.
    I listen to many Yankee broadcasts, and I don't think that they are much more partial than the ESPN coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I really liked Schilling as well, but I just don't see how announcers can be terrible. I don't have a problem with ESPN. They're very knowledgeable. I think a big reason why a lot of you here think they are biased is because they are actually impartial. The NESN guys are supposed to be relatively biased towards the Red Sox. ESPN is supposed to be neutral, so when they talk about the Yankees, it really strikes a cord with you people, because you've spent years watching broadcasts that are 100% biased. Now, I'm not saying ESPN is completely unbiased, because that's impossible. But especially for you, Spud, just stop and think a minute. Every Patriots game is on national TV, because, well, every NFL game is. I'm sure there are a lot of people out there that think the announcers are incredibly biased towards the Patriots, but you don't see it, or you just don't care, because it's your team. Even still, every NFL game I watch gives each team equal air time and equal discussion time. Good sportscasters on a national level are supposed to spur discussion amongst the analysts. That involves taking time to talk about each team individually. It's not fair to direct anger toward ESPN. Either get mad at everyone, or get mad at nobody.
    Not much of this post makes much sense to me.

Just one obvious point. The CBS or other network coverage of the Pats ( as well as other teams ) is done by a national crew with no alliance to the Patriot organization. I don't see how that makes them partial to the Pats at all. You are clearly misinformed somehow.

I have spent many years watching broadcasts of many sporting events. Over five decades. There are homers on local affiliates like NESN and others ( WBZ in Boston is another as example ). Most of the time national broadcasts are impartial. That is why when I see clear bag lapping from any national network it is very obvious. Last night was a clear example to anyone with a brain that was paying attention. Had ESPN been so biased toward the Sox I would have said so and would have been embarrassed by it.

The ESPN Sunday night crew suck big donkey dicks in my opinion.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Deity
    Espn is changing I think. I heard nothing last night so I don't know of any bias. That said, read espn.com and you will see they love having the Yankees back, and their fan base is very much worth cultivating.

Quote Originally Posted by illinoisredsox View Post
    It's especially suspicious when they made a big deal about the league office's being closed for the Labor day weekend, yet the Tigers involved began serving their suspensions Saturday.

Prediction: they will be announced tomorow. Romine's will be reduced to one game, he will sit out tomorrow's game. Sanchez's will also be reduced a game and he will miss 1 Oriole game and 2 Rangers games.

Torre always takes care of his boys.
    And isn't today still officially the Labor Day Weekend? The MLB offices now miraculously decide to open? Bogus.

So, the vibe I'm getting here is that a woman can't possibly know as much about baseball as a man because women do not play baseball. Bogus.

I can't possibly know as much about field hockey, curling, rugby, or any sport I've never played as do the people who have played them.
    Truth.
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

And did I leave out childbirth?
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

Deity
    So, the vibe I'm getting here is that a woman can't possibly know as much about baseball as a man because women do not play baseball. Bogus.
    Well, it's true. I played one summer of Babe Ruth League baseball in the summer of 1955 and that has made all the difference. I know tons more baseball than my wife (who only played softball).

Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post
    Spud doesn't discriminate against women - just announcers who bring nothing to the booth.
    I don't discriminate either. But when I criticize black people, I don't use the n. word, and when I criticize a woman, I don't call them c*'s and t*'s.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    I think that she was some kind of big-time softball player. Not sure.

I just don't see how that experience translates to expertise in MLB baseball.

ESPN had a great annalist in Curt Shilling who was replaced by this woman. Too bad he could not keep out of trouble in social media because he was very, very good at his job.

And I would offer that he knows at least a little more about baseball than mole face Moran.

ESPN went from a good broadcast to a really shitty one. Sad.
    Put the pipe down, son!
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

For real. There are some really terrible opinions being expressed on here.

It'd be like saying "well, MVP knows much more about advanced stats because he's a boy who played baseball and has a CPA, Kimmi is just a teacher." That's just dumb and offensive to me. Sorry that you have to deal with nonsense like this from time to time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.