Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 8/28 - VS Blue Jays

8/28 - VS Blue Jays

let's give them blue balls.
    new avatar to launch us on A WIN STREAK.
    Lets go.

POM POM vs Strohman
    Last edited by Slasher9; 08-28-2017 at 02:55 PM.
    other names i have posted under: none

1. nunie
    2. Benny
    3. mookie
    4. mitchie
    5. Bogey
    6. Rafi
    7. Hanley
    8. Vazqey
    9. Brock. WTF. this guy is still in our lineup? plus he totally ruined the "ey" vibe running in the lineup.
    other names i have posted under: none

All-Star
    I sure don't want to see these fellas "try and do too much" They ,ight just get hold on one and lose it! Foxx, Ruth, Gehrig and Williams must turn over when they hear such bullshit. "Ge, Lou we tried to do too much; that's why we hit so many home runs.!"
    "Yeh, and hit .350 or so!, Babe!?
    Last edited by bosoxmal; 08-28-2017 at 04:21 PM.

Enough of this losing crap. It's time to turn it around team.

Get it done boys!

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by bosoxmal View Post
    I sure don't want to see these fellas "try and do too much" They ,ight just get hold on one and lose it! Foxx, Ruth, Gehrig and Williams must turn over when they hear such bullshit. "Ge, Lou we tried to do too much; that's why we hit so many home runs.!"
    "Yeh, and hit .350 or so!, Babe!?
    Knock it off. All due respect--and your deserve a lot--but you are beating a dead horse. Plus you examples show you don't understand jack about "don't try to do too much." Those guys were all great power hitters and almost couldn't help hitting all those dingers. Simple fact about this team: we're 27th or so of 30 MLB teams in dingers. So just maybe it makes sense not to swing for the fences every time up and be happy with an opposite field single or whatever.

Hanley swings for the fences every time. He should try not to do too much.

On the topic of trying to do too much, I have sincerely wondered how much of the team's struggles are a result of some of the hitters trying to do too much in the wake of Ortiz' absence. Maybe some of them have put too much pressure on themselves to be 'the guy' with Ortiz no longer on the team.

Deity
    Two things.

1. I'm now on the moonslav bandwagon. After griping about every single game and pointing to the Yankees catching us and all that stuff, I'm now saying we should put those 4 games behind us and focus on the great earlier August when we were winning right and left and beating good teams like the Yankees, Indians, and Cardinals. What happened in those four losses is we got three absolutely horrendous starts by Sale, Porcello, and ERod. Stuff happens. Sale is still an ace. I'm not sure Porcello has got it together yet, but he was good last year and still is an innings eater and has 17 quality starts of 27 total. ERod has pitched well after the first 2 two innings, which have killed him. There is nothing systemically wrong with this team--it's the same team that won 16 of 20 earlier. Blaming Farrell for those 4 starts is nuts. No one can show me one hard fact or one specific decision that cost any of those 4 losses. If the Sox don't get to the postseason or don't get thru the first round, i would not object to his leaving. But not now.

2. i really like the lineup tonight--it's a lot like the one I proposed to moonslav. HanRam dropped to 7th--great. 1, 3, and 5 hitters, all key, are Nunez, Betts, and--surprise!--Bogie. All good choices, even Bogie who seems to be getting his eye and swing back. 2, 4, and 6 are almost as good--Beni, Moreland, and Devers. I checked guys splits, and Moreland, especially against righties, is as good as anyone on the team in the 4 slot. And I really like Devers in 6th both because I think he hits better lower than 5th and because the #6 hitter can do a lot of damage. 7, 8, and 9--HanRam, Vazquez, and Holt also work for me. Vazquez has prospered near the bottom. HanRam needs to because he ain't doing much up above (and I could care less about his so-called injuries). Holt for Rajai Davis but batting 9th also works because so far Rajai hasn't shown me much, but Holt has (despite that terrible OPS), plus he's a lefty and good on the bases, which connects well to the top of the order. Pomeranz on the mound right now is, at least temporarily, is our ace based on his record.

Offense needs to wake up.

Deity
    Not good, 2 runs off 2 doubles in the 1st, but I gotta give the Jays some credit for smart hitting. Both were off his best pitch, the knuckle curve, so they just waited a microsecond or two longer and slapped them to the opposite field. Worked like a charm. I think the pitches might have been slightly up in the zone, but still.

I'm probably wrong, but I don't see our guys batting smart like that--especially back to back--very often if at all.

Deity
    What was that??? Terrible top of the 2d until HanRam slaps a single that becomes a double, then barely gets to 3b on a single to RF with 2 out, Holt now at bat. Long count, one slightly mishandled WP, so Vazquez throws caution to the winds and goes for second. You know, the typical boneheaded play this team is constantly accused of making. What was he thinking? But the catcher, rushed, throws it into CF and even HanRam can score on that. Then Holt grounds out to the P. I'll take it.

Deity
    That's now three opposite field hits by the Jays. Do they have Pomeranz number?

#EndTheMadness
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

4 walks already. But this ump is shit. A few of those "balls" were strikes.

WTF Ump!
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Deity
    Now the umpire's into it too, taking away two corner strikes, both great pitches by Pom.

Right now both starters are trending toward 5 innings.