Register now to remove this ad

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: 8/18 vs Yankees

I was in a bar with friends watching the game, but I couldn't follow it as I wanted, so I'm going to watch it again right now hahaha
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

An interesting note that I thought was worth sharing: Due to technnical difficulties on the Hartford affiliate for WEEI, I was forced to listen to the 7th inning rally on the Yankees radio network. Not that it was a horrible experience or anything; I actually enjoyed John Sterling and Suzyn Waldman. What was interesting to me, though, was that it seemed like Sterling was rooting for the Sox to come back. He used the same exact excited voice for the hits by Benintendi and Moreland as he used for the Yankees rally in the top half of that inning. It was the same kind of voice he uses every time the Yankees win. I thought back to all the times I've heard Joe Castiglione, and how he has two distinct tones, one for a Red Sox scoring play, one for the opponents. I don't know, it just seemed really weird to me that Sterling was so excited for the Red Sox coming back. This is one of the few area where sportscasters are encouraged to be biased, and he isn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you