Register now to remove this ad

Page 88 of 201 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138188 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 3002

Thread: Sox hitting??

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    it is time to get Moustakas and another bar.
    Moustakas would be a great addition but it would mean give up Devers.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

Would you make the trade compadre?
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by iortiz View Post
    Go with Travis at first, Devers at 3B and call up again Lin as utility --send down Marrero-- until they figure out a trade if so, but please do something.
    Travis can't hit for any power. I'd go and see what Yonder Alonso would cost.

Legend
    Go with Travis at first, Devers at 3B and call up again Lin as utility --send down Marrero-- until they figure out a trade if so, but please do something.
    I gave it up after the tenth and checked early to see the Sox had pulled it out.

During the game, I found it frustrating that major league hitters would take called 3rd strikes over the plate with men on third and one out. Both Leon aand Beni did it in successive innings. What can they be thinking. Then there was the situation where Beni was given the gift of being hit by a pitch to lead off the 10th. The options for JF were to send Beni, to hit and run, to bunt or to let Beni stay at first and have Pedroia swing away. The worst outcome in the situation would be a double play. It was a tough decision, with a good catcher and attentive pitcher a steal had a questionable probability of working. Pedroia had been one of our bright spots in the batting order. It turned out Pedroia hit into the double play and Hanley followed with a double. Before it took place, I and the BJs expected a steal attempt. What would you have done?

Those calling for Hanley's trade can see that he still has value for us and should stay in the 4 or 5 spot as Moon has said. Moreland is in my view pulling away from the ball and he hits the ball to left too often. He did that last night on a changeup down the middle, one he should be able to pull. He needs to find himself and should be temporarily out of the lineup or moved further back in the order. Marerro is not a viable offensive player for us. Lin can play infield utility positions as well and has a better plate approach. Devers might help the club now or they had better find another 3rd base candidate while the club is still in the lead.

Time is running short DD. I didn't want Frazier either although Robertson might have helped. There are still options out there. I would keep Travis if at all possible. He is still a young player and may blossom next year.

Deity
    yes

Nope. He's a FA this offseason. Royals aren't getting that type of prospect for a two month rental.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    yes
    if the 3 year contract was signed as well

All-Star
    Moustakas has a .299 OBP...he's better than Frazier, but not nearly enough that I'd give up Devers for him.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
    I gave it up after the tenth and checked early to see the Sox had pulled it out.

During the game, I found it frustrating that major league hitters would take called 3rd strikes over the plate with men on third and one out. Both Leon aand Beni did it in successive innings. What can they be thinking. Then there was the situation where Beni was given the gift of being hit by a pitch to lead off the 10th. The options for JF were to send Beni, to hit and run, to bunt or to let Beni stay at first and have Pedroia swing away. The worst outcome in the situation would be a double play. It was a tough decision, with a good catcher and attentive pitcher a steal had a questionable probability of working. Pedroia had been one of our bright spots in the batting order. It turned out Pedroia hit into the double play and Hanley followed with a double. Before it took place, I and the BJs expected a steal attempt. What would you have done?

Those calling for Hanley's trade can see that he still has value for us and should stay in the 4 or 5 spot as Moon has said. Moreland is in my view pulling away from the ball and he hits the ball to left too often. He did that last night on a changeup down the middle, one he should be able to pull. He needs to find himself and should be temporarily out of the lineup or moved further back in the order. Marerro is not a viable offensive player for us. Lin can play infield utility positions as well and has a better plate approach. Devers might help the club now or they had better find another 3rd base candidate while the club is still in the lead.

Time is running short DD. I didn't want Frazier either although Robertson might have helped. There are still options out there. I would keep Travis if at all possible. He is still a young player and may blossom next year.
    Agree on taking called third strikes. Also agree with Farrell letting Pedroia swing because lately he is our best hitter and Beni is not much of a basestealer--good speed, no instincts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flap View Post
    Moustakas has a .299 OBP...he's better than Frazier, but not nearly enough that I'd give up Devers for him.
    I'm not so sure that Moustakas is that much better than Frazier, especially considering his lengthy injury history.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

Would you make the trade compadre?
    He'd be a great fit, but the Red Sox are not trading Devers for two months of Moustakas.

it is time to get Moustakas and another bar.
    Everything I read about KC suggest they are going for one last hurrah with their WS core.

Honestly last nights game showed me that it won't take much for us to be true contenders. We really just need one or 2 strong hitters and we will be fine. Last night was only the second time in the last 12 days that we have had more than 3 runs...... With our pitching staff we don't need to be scoring 8+ runs every single night. Generally 4 runs will win it for us. Hoping something comes up at the dead line. Pitching has done more for us this year and especially lately than we will ever know. It's a shame the offense is so flat.

On a side note was happy to see Hanley crush that homer in the 15th last night. Shades of Ortiz in some of his clutch game winners.

... Moreland should be released. There is no spot for him....
    Yet, JF keeps batting him 4th vs all RH'd starters.

I'm flabbergasted on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    Honestly last nights game showed me that it won't take much for us to be true contenders. We really just need one or 2 strong hitters and we will be fine. Last night was only the second time in the last 12 days that we have had more than 3 runs...... With our pitching staff we don't need to be scoring 8+ runs every single night. Generally 4 runs will win it for us. Hoping something comes up at the dead line. Pitching has done more for us this year and especially lately than we will ever know. It's a shame the offense is so flat.

On a side note was happy to see Hanley crush that homer in the 15th last night. Shades of Ortiz in some of his clutch game winners.
    Weird how there's no DFA or platoon HRam posts today.