Register now to remove this ad

Page 40 of 201 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast

Thread: Sox hitting??

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    his fielding has been fine. his hitting has been fine. he needs to be in the lineup everyday for a good stretch to see what we have. it's as simple as that.
    ^^This.

by fine...i mean fine. sub par to what? league avg? mike schmidt? so what. believe it or not....it is actually OK to have a player that is "below league average". especially when the replacement choices (rutt) aren't any better. do you want to trade more prospects for another 3b?
    the contract is what it is at this point. and because of it...he needs to play everyday. he lost the weight in the offseason. he deserves the opportunity. sticking him in and out of the lineup is not the answer. i completely disagree with JF on this one. he should be in the lineup everyday for the next 5 weeks to see how he does. righty, lefty, whatever. IMO.
    ^^This.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Pablito's OPS vs LHPs:

.340 2017( in 21 PAs) --Not a typo!
    .465 2015 (155 PAs)
    .563 2014 (205)
    .686 2013 (167)
    .745 2012 (137)

Steady decline since a barely decent 2012 season.

I'm ready to give up on Pablito at any moment even vs RHPs.

I gave up on Pablito vs LHPs before we even signed him.

FYI

Rutledge has a .713 career OPS vs LHPs.

you can platoon every position then. carry 16 fielders.
    other names i have posted under: none

Quote Originally Posted by devildavid View Post
    He is below replacement level.

JF is trying to win games, not see what Pablo can do. Pablo has earned nothing. Platooning with Rutledge is good enough for him and best for the team.
    Perhaps if Pablo were given regular playing time, he could perform better. I understand that Farrell is trying to win games, but he still has to keep the 'marathon' in mind.

If Farrell is not going to play Pablo regularly to see what Pablo can recoup, then the team should go ahead and DFA him and call Devers up.

i'm not opposed to this. but if it's done, we have to be ALL IN. he needs to play everyday. not platoon. and if this is done, Panda needs to be gone. so that means DFA and eat his entire salary or trade him and eat his entire salary.
    ^^This.

you can platoon every position then. carry 16 fielders.
    Come on!

These splits are horrific.

No other position has someone with these putrid numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    He'll do something pretty soon, but it just might be the promotion of Devers.
    There is no doubt in my mind that Dombrowski will do something.

Legend
    good stuff. so 3 teams out of 30 have 8 position players above replacement level. so, yeah, i think it's OK that our 3B is "below avg".
    Those are the only teams I checked. There may well be others.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Come on!

These splits are horrific.

No other position has someone with these putrid numbers.
    it's 21 AB's. he gets a base knock his next two AB's vs a lefty or his BABIP isn't .188 and suddenly it's not so drastic. i'm asking for rutt to sit the pine the next 5 weeks. i'm not asking to bench mike schmidt for those 5 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by harmony View Post
    Those are the only teams I checked. There may well be others.
    so if every team in the majors (except the Red Sox of course) have all 8 position players with positive WAR that would be some serious alternative facts right there....

it's 21 AB's. he gets a base knock his next two AB's vs a lefty or his BABIP isn't .188 and suddenly it's not so drastic. i'm asking for rutt to sit the pine the next 5 weeks. i'm not asking to bench mike schmidt for those 5 weeks.
    It's 5 freaking years of horrific putrid stink, stank, stunkiness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Perhaps if Pablo were given regular playing time, he could perform better. I understand that Farrell is trying to win games, but he still has to keep the 'marathon' in mind.

If Farrell is not going to play Pablo regularly to see what Pablo can recoup, then the team should go ahead and DFA him and call Devers up.
    My sentiments exactly.

Nothing personal against Pablo. He can't help it that he is at the end of his career and signed a nice contract with the Sox. He did it out of self-interest. Now it is in the self-interest of Boston Red Sox management to cut their losses and move on. It is best for all involved, including Pablo.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Best for the team would be promoting Devers.
    Sure, but in the meantime there is nothing wrong with platooning Panda and Rutledge. It won't hurt the team's ability to win, which should be the bottom line.

tell me what team has all 8 position starters that are above replacement level?
    IMO - if JF wants to win more games he needs to insert Panda in the lineup for everygame the next 5 weeks.
    How exactly does playing Panda every day for 5 weeks help the team win more?

i'm not opposed to this. but if it's done, we have to be ALL IN. he needs to play everyday. not platoon. and if this is done, Panda needs to be gone. so that means DFA and eat his entire salary or trade him and eat his entire salary.
    There are options other than being absolutist. Platooning is a viable option.