Register now to remove this ad

Page 246 of 299 FirstFirst ... 146196236244245246247248256296 ... LastLast
Results 3,676 to 3,690 of 4478

Thread: A Realistic View at 2017 Part I

Beni, Beni, Beni....6 freaking years of team control.

Deity
    I'm keep my Benintendi expectations low, because you never know with younger players in their first full season. I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

Now the rest of the team better come through anyway...

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    I'm keep my Benintendi expectations low, because you never know with younger players in their first full season. I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

Now the rest of the team better come through anyway...
    I'm going to have high expectations, picture perfect swing reminds me of Fred Lynn.

Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
    From what I have read, Beni has a chance of batting in the #2 slot based on the fact that he is the only lefty currently thought of for the top 5 spots. He has the speed and the swing to be effective. It is a push though to put a rookie into such a pressure spot.
    If he's hitting well enough to bat second, I'd put him first.

Pedey's base running is not what it used to be, and it was never really great to begin with.

At least vs RHPs, we could squeeze in 2 lefties this way:
    1) Beni - L
    2) Pedey
    3) Betts
    4) HanRam
    5) JBJ - L
    6) Bogey
    7) Pablo- L/S
    8) Moreland- L
    9) Leon- S

It's going to be hard to mix up our lefties and righties this year, but I'd try to move Young into the top 5 vs LHPs:
    1) Pedey
    2) Bogey
    3) Betts
    4) HanRam
    5) Young
    6) JBJ-L
    7) Beni-L
    8) Rutledge/Holt-L
    9) Leon-S/Vaz

Quote Originally Posted by Fisk View Post
    I'm going to have high expectations, picture perfect swing reminds me of Fred Lynn.
    I feel the same.'

I'm not sure if the success of Betts has affected my expectations for Beni, but the kid looks pure.

I remember saying before 2015, that Betts had a significant chance to be our top offensive player that year. He probably was our best all-around player, and he came close to being out top O guy too.

I'm not projecting Beni to be the best anything this year, but he could win ROY. It's possible he could have the second best OPS on the team, but I wouldn't go so far as to say he has a "significant chance" at doing so. (Maybe next year we could say that.)

All-Star
    I think he has a good chance to be our second most productive player. He just has that feel.

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    If he's hitting well enough to bat second, I'd put him first.

Pedey's base running is not what it used to be, and it was never really great to begin with.

At least vs RHPs, we could squeeze in 2 lefties this way:
    1) Beni - L
    2) Pedey
    3) Betts
    4) HanRam
    5) JBJ - L
    6) Bogey
    7) Pablo- L/S
    8) Moreland- L
    9) Leon- S

It's going to be hard to mix up our lefties and righties this year, but I'd try to move Young into the top 5 vs LHPs:
    1) Pedey
    2) Bogey
    3) Betts
    4) HanRam
    5) Young
    6) JBJ-L
    7) Beni-L
    8) Rutledge/Holt-L
    9) Leon-S/Vaz
    I prefer Pedroia at lead off, good plate discipline and breaks up the righties. On a side note he also hits into a lot of double plays, can't do that leading off the game.

Deity
    His swing does remind me of Lynn's. People just have to keep in mind that as he develops he will never have Lynn's size. I do think that his potential as a yearly all star isn't too much of a stretch.

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    His swing does remind me of Lynn's. People just have to keep in mind that as he develops he will never have Lynn's size. I do think that his potential as a yearly all star isn't too much of a stretch.
    Doesn't have the size but generates a lot of extra base hits.

Deity
    A great swings is nice, but also heavily dependent on the hitter knowing when to use it. Benintendi does so far appear to have good plate discipline. ...

Deity
    Doesn't have the size but generates a lot of extra base hits.
    I think that you are right.

I'd like to see him concentrate more on getting on base than HRs, at least not so early in his career. The XBHs will come.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    I'd like to see him concentrate more on getting on base than HRs, at least not so early in his career. The XBHs will come.
    I wasn't thinking home runs. Lots of doubles. If he stays fit, I don't see him ever turning in to a home run hitter.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    I wasn't thinking home runs. Lots of doubles. If he stays fit, I don't see him ever turning in to a home run hitter.
    With his swing he will square up a mistake and hit it out from time to time. If he gets a lot of at bats this year, and we are hoping for that, I wouldn't be surprised if he exceeds 15 Hrs.

Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
    With his swing he will square up a mistake and hit it out from time to time. If he gets a lot of at bats this year, and we are hoping for that, I wouldn't be surprised if he exceeds 15 Hrs.
    I wouldn't either, and I think eventually, he'll hit over 20-25 regularly.

I'm just hoping he avoids "trying to be" a HR hitter.