Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 8/24 @ TB, Porcello v. Andriese, and MVP78 is finally on the playoff express

Deity
    Hope we get some early offense going against andriese

Man, the Rays are going to have to tarp the entire outfield if they keep losing the little fans they had.
    "It happens to everybody, man. He's had 60 at-bats. A couple of years ago, I had 60 at-bats, and I was hitting .170, and everyone was ready to kill me, too. And what happened? Laser show. So, relax."

There we go, Ortiz!
    "It happens to everybody, man. He's had 60 at-bats. A couple of years ago, I had 60 at-bats, and I was hitting .170, and everyone was ready to kill me, too. And what happened? Laser show. So, relax."

Deity
    Hope porcello's brilliant again.

I'm going to miss Papi's swing.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    I have been to one other MLB stadium for a game.

The Vet in Philly circa 1986 or 1987. Pittsburg at Phillies. I saw a skinny Bonds play left.
    I've been to several major league stadiums, most are no longer in use:

Fenway, the original Yankee Stadium (before remodeling), Shea, Municipal Stadium in Cleveland, Exhibition Stadium in Toronto, Comiskey Park (I and II), Wrigley, Royals Stadium, Busch Stadium (the one the Sox won the 2004 World Series in), the Astrodome, County Stadium in Milwaukee (saw Rice's 300th homer there).
    The Yankees could go 0-162 and it wouldn't be enough

If Porcello keeps winning, he should continue wearing that nasty hat.

Deity
    Some bad location by porcello.

Deity
    Get's out of the inning. 25 pitches and 17 for strikes. Just throws strikes

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Aren't the Rays tied into a contract with the city or county until 2000 or 2025 or something? The issue is that bridge traffic makes it hard to draw fans from the "mainland". They want to build a new stadium in the county where Tampa is. They need to be released from the St. Pete contract first, I believe.

I still want to go to the Trop for a game. It looks fugly (except for aerial views ) but I've never seen the Sox anywhere but Fenway and I've never seen a game in a dome.
    The year I retired I went to Fenway, The Trop, Camden Yards, and Yankee Stadium. Kind of a retirement gift to myself. I didn't get to Toronto because of scheduling but it's on my list.
    I had no problem with parking or traffic at the Trop but the place really is a dump - for a MLB park. The carpet looks worn and anything that makes it unique makes it unique in a negative way.
    The good news was that I walked up to the gate and bought two lower boxes ~12 rows off the field for (IIRC) $53/each!)
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

@redsoxstats Bogaerts another IF fly ball... has the 2nd worst infield fly ball rate in MLB, up 60% from last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

Deity
    Porcello doesn't look sharp tonight. This offense's gonna have to score runs

Deity
    60 pitches already. Porcello looking at maybe 6 innings.

Deity
    Need runs!!!! Hope rick can give us 6 at least.

All-Star
    [
    QUOTE=mvp 78;1024184]@redsoxstats Bogaerts another IF fly ball... has the 2nd worst infield fly ball rate in MLB, up 60% from last year.[/QUOTE]

I/m ready to add Bogie and JBJ to my "temporary" AF'ed U list. They need about 3 days on the beach (or something)