Register now to remove this ad

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: 8/16 the real AL Dbags

biggest start of the season for Price is tonight. this is put up or shut up time. these are the games you need your Ace to show up. i dont care if we only score 1 run. he needs to win 1-0. tonight is the night.
    DO IT.
    other names i have posted under: none

All-Star
    Demeaning.

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    hahaha. awesome!

Manny did the Mookie snarl during his first AB in every 10U travel game this summer. too funny.
    Fall ball starts tonight so we'll see how it's progressed.
    I've been mastering the win dance, and plan on doing it with my outfield compadres (assuming they're all Sox fans) after we win this fall season. I am also going to do the snapshot thing that the Killer B's do for RBIs/extra base hits.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Yeah, I was thinking that. I don't know if Bundy instead of Tillman is a good thing or not.

Either way, Price needs to be our ace today.
    Bundy has been pitching really well since they put him into the rotation a month ago. Overall, in 6 starts, he's 4-2 with an ERA of 2.76 and a WHIP of 0.86 over 32 2/3 innings. In August, he's gone 3-0 with a 1.45 ERA and a WHIP of 0.64 in 18 2/3 innings. A couple weeks ago, he shutdown the Rangers on 1 hit over 7 innings, and we know how well they can hit.

This does not figure to be an easy game for the Red Sox, which made last night's win really big.
    The Yankees could go 0-162 and it wouldn't be enough

Quote Originally Posted by illinoisredsox View Post
    Bundy has been pitching really well since they put him into the rotation a month ago. Overall, in 6 starts, he's 4-2 with an ERA of 2.76 and a WHIP of 0.86 over 32 2/3 innings. In August, he's gone 3-0 with a 1.45 ERA and a WHIP of 0.64 in 18 2/3 innings. A couple weeks ago, he shutdown the Rangers on 1 hit over 7 innings, and we know how well they can hit.

This does not figure to be an easy game for the Red Sox, which made last night's win really big.
    No, Bundy's been great and against some very good teams.
    All the more reason for Price to go out and dominate from the start, with no 1st or 2nd inning HRs, while "settling in".
    Looks to be a low scoring game.
    “The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead.
    It's only difficult for other people.

It works the same way for stupid."

Quote Originally Posted by illinoisredsox View Post

which means this will end up being a 10-8 game.

which means this will end up being a 10-8 game.
    LOL Probably!
    “The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead.
    It's only difficult for other people.

It works the same way for stupid."

Deity
    Well done, all of you. You've sort of started tonight's game thread without starting one so that our lucky thread-starter can do his thing.

I agree this should be tough game. As for Price, I just want him to go out there focused and not anxious.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    He is awful. Unfortunately for me, the Os games are blacked out on Extra Innings and MLB.tv in my area. I have to watch all of the Sox/Os on MASN, which means 18,19 games of Thorne every year.

I haven't noticed the name dropping thing, probably because I mostly tune him out. I'll have to pay closer attention to that.
    I'm in the same boat, so I just turn the sound off with closed caption on. I do like the Orioles radio announcers who seem to focus on the game and are fairly balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    I'm in the same boat, so I just turn the sound off with closed caption on. I do like the Orioles radio announcers who seem to focus on the game and are fairly balanced.
    if you guys have it thru Directv you can put on channel 720 (where it has 8 games on one screen) and most of the time the small one there is the NESN feed. i have watched many a Sox v Yankees game this way as i just cannot stand YES announcers.....

if you guys have it thru Directv you can put on channel 720 (where it has 8 games on one screen) and most of the time the small one there is the NESN feed. i have watched many a Sox v Yankees game this way as i just cannot stand YES announcers.....
    LOL. I have done that too.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Bumping to close threads in chronological order.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.