Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 8/10 vs New York Yankees and the Gay-Rod retirement tour

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    It's better than most places on the east coast of FLA.
    West Palm through Vero isn't too bad. The rest of the East Coast can suck it. St Augustine is supposed to be very nice, but you probably can smell Jacksonville from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

Mookie hitting 3rd . Pedey leading off ? The new look line up for tonight.

Deity
    I'm pretty sure I was one of the people who thought and said bosoxmal was nuts. But I have to admit that the lineup that worked so well April-July (well, late July if not all of it) hasn't worked so well in August. More to the point, we lost a bunch of 1 and 2 run games when a change might have helped. We still don't know the new one--Pedroia, Bogaerts, and Betts--will work, but no harm in trying at this juncture.

Good call by bosoxmal.

@sean_mcadam SOX v NYY: Pedroia 2B; Bogaerts SS; Betts RF; Ortiz DH; Ramirez 1B; Bradley CF; Shaw 3B; Leon C; Benintendi LF; Pomeranz P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

Steven Wright not pitching on Thursday. He got injured pinch running. The injury happened diving back into second base on Sunday night. No DL yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Boggs View Post
    Steven Wright not pitching on Thursday. He got injured pinch running. The injury happened diving back into second base on Sunday night. No DL yet.
    Are you kidding? I thought that his awkward dive back in an semi face plant could have caused an injury. What did he injure -- shoulder, hand? Farrell should be run out of town. Friggin idiot. Does Wright even look fast ? No, he looks slow, and I don't like our few good starting pitchers running the bases.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Are you kidding? I thought that his awkward dive back in an semi face plant could have caused an injury. What did he injure -- shoulder, hand? Farrell should be run out of town. Friggin idiot. Does Wright even look fast ? No, he looks slow, and I don't like our few good starting pitchers running the bases.
    Another nail in Farrell's coffin.

Jesus Christ. Why didn't he let Buchholz pinch run instead of Wright? Farrell definitely has a streak of buffoonery.

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    i dont know if he's in Florida or not. he's a 90+ year old WWII vet who has bled red sox longer than you and i have put together. i show him some respect.
    Interesting information.

How about practicing what you preach?

Everyone on talksox deserves respect.

At least that is how we used to roll.

And really, you have misinterpreted MVP's words which were clearly more of an indictment of Farrell as a manager than of your friend.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

It's better than most places on the east coast of FLA.
    But still. much of Florida is a shit hole.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Another nail in Farrell's coffin.
    STEVEN WRIGHT TO MISS START AFTER BASERUNNING INJURY
    08.10.16 at 5:09 pm ET

By DJ Bean
    Steven Wright
    Steven Wright will miss his next start due to inflammation in his shoulder, John Farrell said prior to Wednesday’s game. Wright suffered the injury diving into a base while serving as a pinch-runner Saturday against the Dodgers.
    With Wright missing his start, Boston’s rotation the next three days will be Eduardo Rodriguez Thursday, David Price Friday and Clay Buchholz Saturday. Buchholz will make his first start in over a month, as he last served as a starter on July 2, allowing six runs (three earned) over 4 1/3 innings in a 21-2 loss to the Angels.
    Though the injury will not land Wright on the disabled list for now, it does disrupt what’s been a very strong season for the knuckle-baller. Wright is 13-5 on the season with a 3.01 earned run average over 146 2/3 innings pitched. In his last start, Wright allowed three hits in pitching a complete-game shutout against the Dodgers.

Farrell also said that Blake Swihart will undergo his scheduled ankle surgery Monday in North Carolina. The surgery, which will be performed by Dr. Robert B. Anderson, will end Swihart’s season.
    Farrells's coffin should be sealed.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Farrell has that sort of Born Loser thing going on. Any time he does something that might be questionable, he gets burned.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Farrell has that sort of Born Loser thing going on. Any time he does something that might be questionable, he gets burned.
    Except in 2013

Re: the "racist" David Ortiz bobblehead. Here is a suggestion for team President Sam Weenie Kennedy. Paint the lips on the bobblehead purple and give them out tomorrow night as ARod bobble heads.

All-Star
    JF has been reading my posts since April. Wonder why it took so long!