Register now to remove this ad

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 8/5 Red Sox @ Los Angeles (formerly Brooklyn) Dodgers

Deity
    Hope they save some runs for tomorrow. Need to win this series.

This game got blown open. Might wanna pull Wright now and not risk him. its 8-0.

I could have made that play........ they just threw any chance of winning away
    Last edited by SoxHop; 08-05-2016 at 11:33 PM.
    In the town where I was born
    Lived a man who sailed to sea
    And he told us of his life
    In the land of submarines
    So we sailed up to the sun
    'Til we found a sea of green
    And we lived beneath the waves
    In our yellow submarine

Deity
    I hate when they do this sometimes. Tomorrow they score 2 or 3 runs. Lol

Great great game by Wright.......... the bats woke up......... very good start to the series..............
    In our yellow submarine

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxHop View Post
    Great great game by Wright.......... the bats woke up......... very good start to the series..............
    Let's hope that ERod can follow it up tomorrow. Orioles and blue jays will play later on tonight.

All-Star
    I'm not sure which has been the most pleasurable tonihgt' watching Betts, Leone and Wright, Inc. hammer the Dodgers, or listening to Vin Scully talk bout the game, stories about former players from the 2 reams and not miss a beat. He even mentioned Ortiz taking Shaw's hat after the HR! Never a second of stupid escessive praise for some guy hitting .250. Just calls the game and keeps you interested. Best of all time; no doubt about it.

Quote Originally Posted by bosoxmal View Post
    I'm not sure which has been the most pleasurable tonihgt' watching Betts, Leone and Wright, Inc. hammer the Dodgers, or listening to Vin Scully talk bout the game, stories about former players from the 2 reams and not miss a beat. He even mentioned Ortiz taking Shaw's hat after the HR! Never a second of stupid escessive praise for some guy hitting .250. Just calls the game and keeps you interested. Best of all time; no doubt about it.
    He is very knowledgeable about every player and its awesome. He never questions calls by umpires or anything either and is least biased announcer I've probably ever witnessed. I wish I had more time to listen to Dodgers games now, But its hard to want to watch a late West Coast game after usually already watching a Sox game lol.

Let's hope this is a sign that Wright has found his groove again.

We could sure use a consistent ace down the stretch.

Deity
    CG shutout by wright. Very enjoyable game. Hope they can follow it up tomorrow. Go sox!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    He is very knowledgeable about every player and its awesome. He never questions calls by umpires or anything either and is least biased announcer I've probably ever witnessed. I wish I had more time to listen to Dodgers games now, But its hard to want to watch a late West Coast game after usually already watching a Sox game lol.
    Totally........... I just felt I was listening to a super fan of baseball that has been around for longer than I've been alive............. and he loved doing it and knowing it and telling you about it and what he has seen......... really glad to catch this broadcast with you all...........
    In our yellow submarine

I can sleep happy!!!

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Just watched the highlights when I got home. I have three things to say:

1. Leon was smart to stay at first after that hit in the 8th. Yeah, it was far, but that ball went to CF really fast and the CF played the bounce perfectly and got it back in even faster.

2. Vin Scully is awesome. MLB.com had a clip of him reacting to one of Wright's seriously dancing pitches, it was hilarious. "Whoaaa. What was that?!"

3. Seriously, Pederson? At least try not to make it so obvious you were leaning into the pitch. You actually moved your leg into the path of the pitch, you weasel.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Excellent job by wright and the offense. Hopefully Pedroia is ok.

I blame this win on Farrell. Not the offense, not the pitcher with a cg shutout. I blame JF.
    other names i have posted under: none

@youk Leon had to stay at first as second was occupied.
    other names i have posted under: none