Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Buccholz from the Bullpen

Quote Originally Posted by Palodios View Post
    Buchholz should not have a roster spot over Hembree.
    I don't necessarily disagree, but I'm sure it comes down to Hembree having options and Buchholz not. I'm guessing that the FO wants to hang onto him until the deadline to see if they can get anything for him in a trade, rather than DFA'ing him.

Legend
    Despite Buchholz's bad results the other night, he had fastball velocity better than Price. He also mixed in curve, cutters and sliders and threw them for strikes. Somehow they hit him as they have a lot this year. He hasn't been effective but on the other hand, Hembree looked like he needs to find himself again. Maybe he just is tired from the bullpen workload. Time in the minors is not the worst thing.

I figured the reason Buch was on the roster was as the #6 starter who would be called on again if E-Rod flopped on his return.

Major Leaguer
    I think that some of the issues with Clay are made worse by the manager. I think ANY use is a waste and an open invitation to watch a good game go south. If Clay is allowed in a game he should be on the shortest leash ever... I honestly feel bad for him but he has no right wearing an MLB uni right now. He is the closest thing to a for sure black hole that I have seen in a while.

Major Leaguer
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    I don't necessarily disagree, but I'm sure it comes down to Hembree having options and Buchholz not. I'm guessing that the FO wants to hang onto him until the deadline to see if they can get anything for him in a trade, rather than DFA'ing him.
    At some point the FO should surely know that ... we have no dealings with the Albanian Baseball Association ... and the ABA has no official prospects that Keith Law has ever listed ....

I mention the ABA because there isn't anyone interested in Japan, Korea or Australia ...

Right now I feel more confident in getting a W with buchholz on the mound than with price.....
    other names i have posted under: none

Major Leaguer
    Nahhh

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    Right now I feel more confident in getting a W with buchholz on the mound than with price.....
    That's a funny one. I wish Buch had your confidence.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Buch wont be in a Sox uniform in 2017...I think DD is over his act already...

Quote Originally Posted by southpaw777 View Post
    agree 100%. i am too. that does not change my belief in my previous post though.

I do cut Price some slack on his last start due to the wind and dust. I doubt Wright would have done any better.

Buchholz is a fly ball pitcher, just the wrong game to have brought him in on.

Quote Originally Posted by southpaw777 View Post
    They'll pick up his option. It's a no brainer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    They'll pick up his option. It's a no brainer.
    based on what???? i think that would be a terrible move by DD to pickup that option.
    ***unless he goes 10-0 the rest of the season and 5-0 in the postseason resulting in a parade. then it may become a no brainer.

based on what???? i think that would be a terrible move by DD to pickup that option.
    ***unless he goes 10-0 the rest of the season and 5-0 in the postseason resulting in a parade. then it may become a no brainer.
    He's a good value because of his upside. You bring him in and he's due for at least a good half year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    He's a good value because of his upside. You bring him in and he's due for at least a good half year.
    As far as i know he has been 100% healthy this year and has not pitched to his contract. to me that makes picking up next years option not automatic. i can understand how some would think otherwise based on some Ace+ stretches Clay has shown us over the years. i was very much on board with picking up this years option based on how well he pitched last season before yet another Clay injury. it's a bummer this year because he is not injured but he is also not shown us that Ace+ Clay. to me it was worth it to pay for the chance this season. based on his performance with said chance i do not think he has earned the automatic pickup of the 2017 option. i think at this point it is best for the team and the player to cut ties and go separate ways......