Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: JBJ on Paternity leave

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxnCycles View Post
    Oh good lord, it was a joke!
    Just once, could I make some sort of comment or request that is not commented on in turn? How hard is it for everyone to read a post asking them to stop doing something or stop acting a certain way and just say to themselves, "hm, okay." Why does every single goddamn thing I ask everyone have to be commented on? Why does everyone feel the need to explain or justify things? When I ask people not to post a thousand superfluous threads, all I want is to not see a thousand superfluous threads. I don't want a paragraph-long response explaining why they disagree with the request, especially not when I have asked a hundred times and read that same paragraph a hundred times. When I ask someone not to respond to calm, polite comments with "bite me", especially directed towards someone that they have already spent a week calling a troll, all I want is for them not to do that. I don't want other people jumping in and trying to explain things. I don't need everyone's opinion on whether or not the thread I merged was necessary, I don't need everyone's opinion on everyone else's posting style. All I need is quiet acknowledgment that I am trying to do my best to keep this place from turning into Reddit.

Now, I don't want to see anything past this point in this thread that in any way relates to the last four or five posts. Let's just stick to the topic, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    Just once, could I make some sort of comment or request that is not commented on in turn? How hard is it for everyone to read a post asking them to stop doing something or stop acting a certain way and just say to themselves, "hm, okay." Why does every single goddamn thing I ask everyone have to be commented on? Why does everyone feel the need to explain or justify things? When I ask people not to post a thousand superfluous threads, all I want is to not see a thousand superfluous threads. I don't want a paragraph-long response explaining why they disagree with the request, especially not when I have asked a hundred times and read that same paragraph a hundred times. When I ask someone not to respond to calm, polite comments with "bite me", especially directed towards someone that they have already spent a week calling a troll, all I want is for them not to do that. I don't want other people jumping in and trying to explain things. I don't need everyone's opinion on whether or not the thread I merged was necessary, I don't need everyone's opinion on everyone else's posting style. All I need is quiet acknowledgment that I am trying to do my best to keep this place from turning into Reddit.

Now, I don't want to see anything past this point in this thread that in any way relates to the last four or five posts. Let's just stick to the topic, please.
    Because, as tough as this might be for you to bear, you're occasionally wrong.
    Since Yaz has not been calling Babe a troll.
    “The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead.
    It's only difficult for other people.

It works the same way for stupid."

YOTN, doing a great job as always.

Hopefully everything turns out healthy for JB3. Bradley's wife is a hot blonde, in case anyone was curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Palodios View Post
    YOTN, doing a great job as always.

Hopefully everything turns out healthy for JB3. Bradley's wife is a hot blonde, in case anyone was curious.
    this post sucks without picture.
    other names i have posted under: none

my lord. Palodios was not kidding!!!
    https://cdn1.lockerdome.com/uploads/...45818_facebook
    other names i have posted under: none

Major Leaguer
    Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    my lord. Palodios was not kidding!!!
    https://cdn1.lockerdome.com/uploads/...45818_facebook
    One of the underlying reasons I really wanted JBJ to catch on big is he's a SC Gamecock. My pretty wife was born and raised within an hour and a half (an hour with good traffic) from USC. My older son was born in Aiken and the first two churches I pastored were in South Carolina.

My wife isn't blonde, but she was in the Miss SC pageant the year before we got married. A very short 39 years ago in two days!

Quote Originally Posted by SinceYaz View Post
    One of the underlying reasons I really wanted JBJ to catch on big is he's a SC Gamecock. My pretty wife was born and raised within an hour and a half (an hour with good traffic) from USC. My older son was born in Aiken and the first two churches I pastored were in South Carolina.

My wife isn't blonde, but she was in the Miss SC pageant the year before we got married. A very short 39 years ago in two days!
    Congrats SY!
    Quite the accomplishment in this day and age.
    “The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead.
    It's only difficult for other people.

It works the same way for stupid."

Because, as tough as this might be for you to bear, you're occasionally wrong.
    Since Yaz has not been calling Babe a troll.
    OK so let's just go ahead and do the one thing YOTN expressly and repeatedly JUST asked that we not do.

b29cdbc5b697dde10f0ed0ec0284c1a1.jpg

COME ON people. Is it that hard to just NOT push all YOTN's buttons at the same time?
    Last edited by Dojji; 06-01-2016 at 12:19 PM.
    If history tells us anything, the path to redeption for any bad baseball team is marked with a deep rotation of durable starters, a world class defense in both infield and outfield, a lineup that can generate runs in more than one way, a bullpen that won't steal defeat from the jaws of victory, and a top end catcher to hold the whole package together. These are the conditions by which victory is achieved, anything that does not accomplish these objectives is a waste of resources.

Major Leaguer
    Just a tip: This is not the way to respond to a polite comment. No one insulted you or got vulgar, he was actually quite reasonable. Your response was unnecessary and exactly the kind of thing that starts ridiculous fights. There was no need for you to respond at all, much less like this.
    Heheheheh .... my usual verbosity was kept in check by the respect I have for your efforts. However, if two words and a roll of the eyes is too much, then I misread you.

You have misread the intent of the person I responded to as well. There is more to the person's comment than you know. In my mind, IllinoisRedSox had already corrected me. I apologized twice for that egregious error, the first when I realized the thread had been blended. I suppose that means nothing. I had just gotten in from work and it was somewhere near 1 AM. I guess I wasn't as awake and aware as I thought.

However, I did make the mistake of not looking more carefully for the first thread. I honestly didn't see it. If I had, I would not have started a new one. Believe me, I have restrained myself and considered carefully where my comments might fit.

Just once, could I make some sort of comment or request that is not commented on in turn? How hard is it for everyone to read a post asking them to stop doing something or stop acting a certain way and just say to themselves, "hm, okay." Why does every single goddamn thing I ask everyone have to be commented on? Why does everyone feel the need to explain or justify things?
    If history tells us anything, the path to redeption for any bad baseball team is marked with a deep rotation of durable starters, a world class defense in both infield and outfield, a lineup that can generate runs in more than one way, a bullpen that won't steal defeat from the jaws of victory, and a top end catcher to hold the whole package together. These are the conditions by which victory is achieved, anything that does not accomplish these objectives is a waste of resources.

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Have they announced the name of the baby yet? I really hope it isn't JBJ III. Jackie's great, but the name itself is a little too boring to perpetuate for yet another generation. Roman Numerals should be reserved for outrageously memorable names. Benedict Cumberbatch should make sure his name reaches at least "The Fourth" or "The Fifth". John Smith should not.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Major Leaguer
    Congrats SY!
    Quite the accomplishment in this day and age.
    Thank you, sir.

I was asked by a 21 year old just a few days ago how do you know when you find the right one. I told her I really don't know, just that when this darling of a southern bell stepped into my life, everything changed. Marriage? Me? Who would be that crazy? But she's been the apple of my eye ever since. (Being in the right place at the right time certainly helped! But that is a whole 'nother chapter.). All of sudden, I'm 60. My sons are 35 and 31. I've lived in four countries and seven states and it all seems like it was yesterday.

I better stop. You can tell I can blather and dither...

Have they announced the name of the baby yet? I really hope it isn't JBJ III. Jackie's great, but the name itself is a little too boring to perpetuate for yet another generation. Roman Numerals should be reserved for outrageously memorable names. Benedict Cumberbatch should make sure his name reaches at least "The Fourth" or "The Fifth". John Smith should not.
    Nothing has been announced yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

Major Leaguer
    An old friend of mine suits your point. His name was H. Miles Haithecock the Third. And his first name had nearly as many letters as his last. I would bet, if I were a betting man, that it would be a great guessing game as to what it actually is.

John Smith IV? What about George Foreman and his 5 sons, George Jr., George III, George IV, George V and George VI?
    The Yankees could go 0-162 and it wouldn't be enough