Register now to remove this ad

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: DL news

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Another remote choice might be to trade for RP'ers (easier to acquire than SP'ers) and stretch out Barnes to become our 5th starter.
    That's so remote not even NASA can track it. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    That's so remote not even NASA can track it. :-)
    Funny!

I was hopeful for a Swihart return this week, but his ankle is still "talking back to him" from last report earlier in the week. I guess there's no hurry now anyways. Does kinda'' make me feel better about my own ankle sprain back in the Spring. Some days are tough still. It kills after a nights sleep, gradually gets better through-out the day, but still mildly swells up. I'm thinking he cld probably play with a brace on, but why push it? Glad our offense and Leon & Holt are doing so well we don't have to push him out there. And again, his immediate trade value to a contender is affected by this, but not his trade value to a team looking to rebuild for next year and beyond.

I sprained my ankle twice in quick succession about 6 years ago, and the ankle still clicks and clacks and aches in bad weather.
    If history tells us anything, the path to redeption for any bad baseball team is marked with a deep rotation of durable starters, a world class defense in both infield and outfield, a lineup that can generate runs in more than one way, a bullpen that won't steal defeat from the jaws of victory, and a top end catcher to hold the whole package together. These are the conditions by which victory is achieved, anything that does not accomplish these objectives is a waste of resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    I sprained my ankle twice in quick succession about 6 years ago, and the ankle still clicks and clacks and aches in bad weather.
    I rolled my right ankle twice. Pretty bad too. This was at least 5 years ago and I still have days like this morning where its sore to walk the first little bit after you get up.. Playing on stage in boots for an hour and a half sometimes sucks the next day.
    Although im a lot older than Blake, it still cam be a nasty lingering injury

Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    Ugh, that sucks. Hopefully its not painful. I got a shoulder that clicks & clacks and grinds & pops but no actual pain (yet). If my ankle ever gets back to 100%, I think I may still wear some kind of a light weight brace for the next two years i envision.

Quote Originally Posted by southpaw777 View Post
    I rolled my right ankle twice. Pretty bad too. This was at least 5 years ago and I still have days like this morning where its sore to walk the first little bit after you get up.. Playing on stage in boots for an hour and a half sometimes sucks the next day.
    Although im a lot older than Blake, it still cam be a nasty lingering injury
    SouthPaw, I always meant to ask you what kind of music you play. Moving a lot of heavy gear cld have an effect too.

@peteabe Chris Young set to run the bases tomorrow. Rehab assignment should start early next week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

@timbritton Swihart getting a second opinion on his ankle. Recovery has stalled.

Possibly done for the year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.